Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBCs update to credit agencies.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBCs update to credit agencies.

I have a 60 day delinquency steming from an 18cent missed payment with HSBCs line of credit. I called HSBC numerous times and finally they send me a letter stating that they are reporting the following to the agencies on april 6th:

"Account closed by the credit grantor with zero balance and no past due payments".

Does anyone know if the above reporting will  remove the late paytemt off my report? I dont think this is going to get the late payment removed from my account. It hasnt updated till date.

I have a lot of difficulty makeing the front end rep understant that i want the late payment removed from my account. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: HSBCs update to credit agencies.

HI and Welcome to the forums,

Is your CR already showing a 60 day late?   If so, when did this happen.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Not unless they specifically deleted the prior delinquency from your payment history.

Their statement only means it was not delinquent at time of closing, and that no debt is now owed.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. the CR is showing a 60 day late since 3/12. Incidently, it already shows a zero balance/account closed since 3/12.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updates: HSBC did remove the delinquency off the report. They did make an explicit request to the  CRs to remove the late payments. It wasnt mentioned in the letter HSBC sent me but the customer rep, repeatedly assured me of it and they were indeed correct. The late payment/delinquency is no longer on the report!

Message 5 of 7
somotao
Frequent Contributor

That's great news....congrats

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 6 of 7
2NE1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Updates: HSBC did remove the delinquency off the report. They did make an explicit request to the  CRs to remove the late payments. It wasnt mentioned in the letter HSBC sent me but the customer rep, repeatedly assured me of it and they were indeed correct. The late payment/delinquency is no longer on the report!

You're lucky... HSBC are tough!!! Smiley Mad

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.