Did you mean: 

Had 2 credit cards go to collections

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Had 2 credit cards go to collections

@OmarGB9 wrote:

One question cause I don't think anyone really addressed this: do the original creditors still show up on your reports? Cause if so, while Midland does PFD, their reporting won't be deleted until after 2 years from DOFD (Date of First Delinquency, or when the original account first went delinquent and never became current again). Also, the original creditor (OC)'s reporting will unfortunately remain the full 7 years, although it'll have a zero balance. 

@OmarGB9I cant find the verbage about the 2 yr thing in their FAQ's on reporting. It was updated 01/09/23.

Message 11 of 13
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

One question cause I don't think anyone really addressed this: do the original creditors still show up on your reports? Cause if so, while Midland does PFD, their reporting won't be deleted until after 2 years from DOFD (Date of First Delinquency, or when the original account first went delinquent and never became current again). Also, the original creditor (OC)'s reporting will unfortunately remain the full 7 years, although it'll have a zero balance. 

@OmarGB9I cant find the verbage about the 2 yr thing in their FAQ's on reporting. It was updated 01/09/23.

I guess they've changed their policy recently. Big win for consumers! But I do remember seeing that verbiage before. @FireMedic1 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 12 of 13
7774x
Established Contributor

@Golfisfun wrote:

So I have a question. I'm dumb to all of this but I had two really bad credit cards go to collections and charged off. Covid and losing my job I fell behind in everything.     So I'm trying to locate the collector but I have a question about the impact on my credit.

I had a score of 680. It's now 481. How would I even start to rebuild this and any chance I can get those two credit cards in collections off my credit report if I pay the debt? 

Start quickly to get those COs  removed immediately.. other wise  even with a zero balance, COs will be reported as serious delinqincies  ,right up to end  on credit reports until they fall off 7 years later.. Translated.. getting credit will hard  for next 7 years with many denied applications

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.