Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had a PFD but CRA's did not delete?

tag
dr0265
Valued Member

Had a PFD but CRA's did not delete?

I had a collection pop up and I worked out a PFD immediatly with the CA.  They said they posted it paid an remove with the CRA's, but it is still showing on my CR.   What do I do now?  I really need this off as I am trying to secure a mortgage.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Had a PFD but CRA's did not delete?

I'd send a copy of their PFD reply to the CRAs and dispute via mail CMRRR.
Message 2 of 11
dr0265
Valued Member

I did it all over the phone.  I actually paid the CA the day after it hit my CR.  The company was extremely gracious and understanding of the circumstances and said they would remove it since I paid so fast.  I called them to day and she verified that it was posted with the CRA's as paid and remove.  So, I don't have an actual PFD letter to send the CRA's. Am I screwed?
Message 3 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Maybe you best bet it to sit it out and wait 30 days or so. It sometimes takes a little while for CAs to actually communicate with the CRAs. If no response, then I would call back and ask for a letter.

I was wondering why they would tell you it would be marked as paid. I know you mentioned "remove". But why "paid"?

IMO, a CA's word is not their bond.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully you aren't screwed!  Did they tell you when they report?  Most CAs in my limited experience report once a month.  Maybe they did honor their promise to mark it for deletion but hasn't been submitted yet?  If they didn't give you the date they report, I would just call back and ask.  One I worked with reported on the 5th, and sure enough by the 6th or 7th of the next month it was gone.
Message 5 of 11
dr0265
Valued Member

Well, I received an alert on 5/8 from SW and it was the account in question being updated.  It shows paid.  She (CA lady, actually an attorney's office) said that they had originally posted it as paid and then went back, realizing what they had agreed to and marked it for removal.  She said it should have already been removed from my reports and that I should call or dispute it with the CRA's because it was marked for removal.  But I thought I read on here that you should not dispute if you don't have to.  Perhaps I should just give it a few more weeks to see if it corrects itself?  Also, I noticed that it was not even updated to paid on any report except eq's.  Is this unusual? 
Message 6 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

dr0265 wrote:
Well, I received an alert on 5/8 from SW and it was the account in question being updated.  It shows paid.  She (CA lady, actually an attorney's office) said that they had originally posted it as paid and then went back, realizing what they had agreed to and marked it for removal.  She said it should have already been removed from my reports and that I should call or dispute it with the CRA's because it was marked for removal.  But I thought I read on here that you should not dispute if you don't have to.  Perhaps I should just give it a few more weeks to see if it corrects itself?  Also, I noticed that it was not even updated to paid on any report except eq's.  Is this unusual? 

Disputing generally is bad, but in this case you have an agreement between the CA and yourself. Disputing it can make a bad account even worse, but they said they will delete if you dispute. This isn't uncommon and I think all will be OK. I would wait for EX and TU to update. Could be that this CA has a relationship with EQ thus the action occured there first.

You want this removed. It is hurting you just as bad as an unpaid CA.
Message 7 of 11
dr0265
Valued Member

Yes, I absolutely want this removed.  It caused me to take my house off the market and lose my pre-approval on a new home loan.

Generally speaking, what kind of score impact can one anticipate having collections removed?
Message 8 of 11
islandgirl

Why is it bad to dispute? will your fico score drop in points?
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute it as...the CA agreed to delete...that is an option now..for disputing...
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.