cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had collection with Midland for T-Mobile account, just paid T-Mobile, not sure what to do now

tag
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

Had collection with Midland for T-Mobile account, just paid T-Mobile, not sure what to do now

I had a TMobile account in collections with Midland but it was not very old. T-Mobile completely accepted payment in full to them and say they will "notify" Midland that it has been paid.

I have already faxed a letter and proof of payment to Midland asking them to delete it from CR's and have emailed the CEO who some other people seemed to have luck with. I guess I will send it by mail too.

I am a little worried and confused. I have heard mostly horrible things about Midland and am afraid it will be a monster to get deleted.

TWhat makes no sense to me, is that T-Mobile insisted that Midland owned the account but were perfectly willing to take my payment directly and completely clear my account, apparently I'd be able to set up an account with them again right away and was thanked for 'being a customer since 2003'. They insisted that Midland will be the one sending me confirmation that I paid them. I don't understand that since I paid THEM directly. If the CA completely OWNS the debt, then I should not have been able to pay T-Mobile. Doesn't that mean T-Mobile still owned it? I'm confused...

I thought since i paid them, Midland can't collect anymore and it should come off my report. Is that wrong? Have I royally screwed up? I thought I saw a few people on here do it this way and it worked. Should I dispute with the CRA's as well?

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
esmer0924
Regular Contributor

Re: Had collection with Midland for T-Mobile account, just paid T-Mobile, not sure what to do now

That happened to me as well.  I paid T-Mobile and not Midland and they deleted it from my cedit files in a month.  Hope the same works for you!!

Starting Score: 672 TU, 669 EQ, 659 EX FAKO(10/3/11)
Current Score: 786 TU FICO(5/23/14), 758 EQ FICO (8/01/14), 811 EX FICO (5/26/14)
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 33
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

Re: Had collection with Midland for T-Mobile account, just paid T-Mobile, not sure what to do now

awesome I hope that works for me!
Message 3 of 33
movinup1
New Contributor

I'm in the same boat.  Paid T-mobile, but Midland is still reporting ($0 balance).  I want Midland off my credit reports!  Any luck contacting T-mobile and getting them to recall Midland?  What would happen if I did a DV?  Any help is much appreciated.

Starting Score: 498
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 720

Message 4 of 33
anewstart2013
Valued Member

This is also what I'm trying! Keep us posted.

March 13, 2013: FICO EQ 543
February 5, 2014: FICO EQ 603
Five accounts with negative indicators, 2 accounts in collections
In my wallet: Capital One Secured $500 / Fingerhut $500 / First Premier $700 / Credit One $300 / J. Crew $250 / Express $250
Message 5 of 33
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

well so far it was a total run around. the info the girl from T-Mobile gave me on the phone last week was wrong. she said once I paid them, THEY notify Midland and Midland will send me a letter. I sent Midland a fax last week with a copy of my receipt to be sure they see I paid it, and asking it to be deleted. I called last night and they said I used the wrong fax and they didn't get it, and still show a balance, so T-Mobile didn't notify them yet. They said I need to fax them proof to start the "dispute" process. I said I am not *disputing*! I put in the letter too please DO NOT mark my reports as in dispute. They gave me the correct fax#, but all in all the Midland guy was a total jerk I almost cursed him out, actually did for a second then shut up and hung up the phone (oops!). I called T-Mobile to clarify the process and was told that the girl I talked to last week was wrong. T-Mobile will send me the letter directly and has up to 30 days to notify Midland, so if I want them to know sooner I need to send them my receipt.....

So I did fax them the receipt last night along with a letter asking to have it removed, and emailed the CEO last week. Gonna email him again this week. I have a feeling these guys are gonna drag it out, we'll see. Thank god I paid T-Mobile direct and didn't have to deal with payment to them directly.

Message 6 of 33
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

it looks like they might be deleting for me. I did have my account number for the collection so I could log into their site and see if a balance still showed. It did all the way up to today and now the account # does not exist. Ha! I think they will be deleting this Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 33
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

just talked to them on the phone...it will be deleted this month between the 15th and 25th. and they are sending a letter confirming. yay!
Message 8 of 33
esmer0924
Regular Contributor

Great Job Smiley Happy  Way to keep at it!

Starting Score: 672 TU, 669 EQ, 659 EX FAKO(10/3/11)
Current Score: 786 TU FICO(5/23/14), 758 EQ FICO (8/01/14), 811 EX FICO (5/26/14)
Goal Score: 720+

Message 9 of 33
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

thanks! I'm so excited to see it gone Smiley Happy

For anyone else doing the same thing, paying T-Mobile direct, I did the following to make sure it was deleted.....

I paid IN STORE so I could get a receipt immediately. Otherwise (like paying them over the phone) you will be waiting around two weeks at least until you receive a letter from T-Mobile. I paid mine on the 3rd and still have not received it. Fortunately I had the receipt from paying in store.

As soon as I paid, I typed up a letter telling Midland that I paid T-Mobile directly  and am requesting them to delete the account from my reports since they no longer have any money to collect from me. I also asked them NOT to mark the account on my report as disputed, since I am simply requesting it be removed.

If anyone needs the fax I can PM it, or you can easily call the phone# on their website and ask for the CSA department and ask them for the fax, or just ask whoever answers the phone for the dispute fax #. *The fax# on their website does not go to the right department, so don't bother.

After I faxed it (3 times actually to be sure they get it) I also emailed the CEO a few times letting him know about the situation and asking if there was anything he could help speed the process or make sure it gets deleted. I am not sure if he ever read it or if it had an affect but they are doing it quickly. Altogether 10 days since making the payment and only 7 days since faxing until hearing confirmation it will be deleted. And they WILL be sending me a letter stating so.

So simply put, what worked for me was:

-Pay the full amount IN PERSON at a T-Mobile store, it must be a retail T-Mobile store, NOT a dealer.

-Fax your receipt and a letter requesting deletion.

-Email the CEO asking him if he can help.

-Wait a few days then call Midland and ask the status. I sent my fax on the 6th and as of today it will be deleted between the 15th and 25th.

Hope it helps someone! This ended a lot easier than I thought it would. Thank God!!

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.