cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had several collections deleted and a deed in lieu anniversary...now what?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had several collections deleted and a deed in lieu anniversary...now what?

Hi there! I recently had 4 collections deleted from my credit reports. Any idea what kind of bump (if any) i can expect to see on my scores? I also am coming up on the 4 year mark from completing a deed in lieu. Should I see any change with that as well?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Had several collections deleted and a deed in lieu anniversary...now what?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there! I recently had 4 collections deleted from my credit reports. Any idea what kind of bump (if any) i can expect to see on my scores? I also am coming up on the 4 year mark from completing a deed in lieu. Should I see any change with that as well?

A. Depends on what other derogs are present. B. You generally get a bump when derogs age past four years.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks NormanFH!

I have 4 outstanding medical collections that I'm trying to determine what the best approach to are...I'd like to pay them now that Im in a place to do so. But those are the only baddies other than the deed in lieu.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Usually you see minor upticks as collections are removed, until the last one comes off, then you usually see good bump. How the DIL may affect that I have no idea.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any guess at how long I'm looking at before I see a change? It's only been about a week since I was notified they were being deleted...

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Any guess at how long I'm looking at before I see a change? It's only been about a week since I was notified they were being deleted...

Depends on where you are seeing your scores. Removal of derogs usually does not trigger alerts and score recalculations here on myfico.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a fairly recent collection drop from one of my reports and I actually DROPPED several points. No other changes around that time. Baffling, to say the least. I didn't even see any increase at all when my large federal tax lien was removed from all three bureaus. No increase at all.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using Credit Karma in addition to myFico, I know they aren't accurate (like, at all!) but they give me a general idea when something goes up or down. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh no! I'm kind of counting on this stuff to help me out. Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.