Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hammer in hand... My Progress Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hammer in hand...

Well, it has been a little over a year since I started here on MyFico. My progress has been much slower than some but it is coming along. Slowly but surely (see my last post).

In that time my available credit has increased nicely. I have been able to get modest increases and don’t have to worry much if a balance reports (I got hit on a few last month due to some of my auto pay bills adding to cards near their reporting dates – I could move things around but I am not terribly worried about it at this point).

Cap1 Plat now QS      $651/hasn’t budged although the CL is $300 higher than when opened
Barclay                        $500/hasn’t budged since opening
LB                                $150/$650
Discover                      $1200/$2600
Overstock                   $750/$1350
Cap1 QS1                   $3000/$6500
Amazon Prime            $800/$3000
NavyFed CR               $1000/$3000

My FICO scores have barely budged from where they were back in August but they are up 50+ from a year ago. This is likely due to the balances all being paid off last year and I have a couple reporting now (I also have a nice tan. The Dominican Republic was lovely!). They should be paid off in the couple months or so and they will likely get a bit higher.

2/4/17        Eq 622 / TU 595 / Ex 628
3/12/17      Eq 634 / TU 614 / Ex 641
5/2/17        Eq 642 / TU 646 / Ex 637
5/22/17      Eq 644 / TU 643 / Ex 653
6/7/17        Eq 663 / TU 633 / Ex 669
8/10/17      Eq 675 / TU 635 / Ex 662

3/9/18        Eq 675 / TU 644 / Ex 706

My mortgage scores are Eq 664 / TU 626 / Ex 704 which was my biggest concern because I want to buy a house this spring and my CU required the middle score to be at least a 620 so I am good to go on that front plus I now have the down payment saved. I would be thrilled if they were higher but as long as I met this goal I am happy for now.

My plan for the moment is to make one more month’s worth of payments on the cards to bring the balances down even lower (I could pay them off but the last time I spoke with the mortgage advisor she suggested hanging on to as much cash as possible rather than worrying about getting them to 0 since my scores are high enough and with the bankruptcy just a little over two years ago she says that low balances with more cash is better than no balances with less cash for my circumstances) and then formally apply for my approval letter and start looking. With the weather what it is, I could have gone for it back in January but it makes the most sense to wait for spring to help thaw the market. I am, however, getting antsy… 

Message 31 of 44
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your rebuild success so far! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 32 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am officially out of the garden. I applied for my mortgage pre-approval Friday and they pulled my credit report this morning.

Fingers crossed...I met with a mortgage advisor in January and she seemed to think I was in good shape, and things are only better now, but I already have a house I am in love with and is perfect for me so I hope it works out!  

Message 33 of 44
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Good luck on your pre-approval. Your rebuild journey has been awesome to follow- keep the updates coming!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 34 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks 19eighty5!

I got an email first thing this morning from the LO saying everything looks good and we should be able to do this. I have an appointment Thursday and already sent them the documentation they needed. 

I don't know how long it will take from there but things are moving along... 

Message 35 of 44
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

That's awesome! Good luck on Thursday!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 36 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

What’s that? A pre-approval letter? For me? Don’t mind if I do! Next? Find a real estate attorney and draw up the purchase agreement...

Thanks @19eighty5! I am super excited!!!

*HAPPY DANCE*
Message 37 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whew! I have been practicing my patience and that wasn't easy. The people I am buying from have diligently been looking but kept getting their bids rejected. Until today. We now have a closing date: July 10th.

My loan officer already has everything on my end ready to go so other than packing and a bit more waiting I should be set. The sellers are even leaving me things like the lawn mower, snow blower, rakes...so I'm going to be pretty well set.

So excited!!!!!
Message 38 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great story!!! Congratulations!Smiley Very Happy

Message 39 of 44
ChessChik47
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Whew! I have been practicing my patience and that wasn't easy. The people I am buying from have diligently been looking but kept getting their bids rejected. Until today. We now have a closing date: July 10th.

My loan officer already has everything on my end ready to go so other than packing and a bit more waiting I should be set. The sellers are even leaving me things like the lawn mower, snow blower, rakes...so I'm going to be pretty well set.

So excited!!!!!

This is great news!!  Congratulations!  Please do continue to keep us posted.  

Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.