Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard inquiry question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard inquiry question

So i applied for a Cap One Quicksilver card. I have two secured cards and needed to add a third unsecured one. My scores are in the 640s and was surprised when they approved me with a 3K limit. I lost about 8 points due to the hard inquiry though Man Sad 

I was wondering if applying for another Cap One card will result in another hard inquiry. The previous approval was only last week. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hard inquiry question

Yes it will. The apps have to be same day to avoid two pulls.
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

There is no question that it can.

Any new app is a new consumer-initiated request for credit that has its own permissible purpose.

Whether it acutally will is up to the creditor.

They usually assume possibility of changes since their last inquiry, and thus will do another pull.

Message 3 of 4
trant3
Established Contributor

you probably want to avoid applying again has Cap one will triple pull!

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.