Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harvard Collections, my new nemesis!

tag
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

Harvard Collections, my new nemesis!

I recently had a SW alert that I had a new account go into collections. What!!! I immediately pulled a new report and see this nasty blemish Called Harvard Collections on my CR. I contacted them the next business day and asked them to send me validation since the OC was listed as another CA. Up until a few days ago when I got the ding on my CR I'd never heard of either of these CA's. while on the phone requesting that they send me validation the lady ask me are you disputing the debt? And I replied, I'm neither disputing nor acknowledging anything, I simply want you to validate this debt in writing since I've have no idea who you are nor the OC listed on my CR. She said she would be happy to send out the letter so we respectfully ended the call on the note that we would proceed with resolving this matter upon my receiving of the DV. About 3 or 4 days later I get a call from the same lady at Harvard and she ask if I had received the DV and if I wanted anymore information and asked if I was able/ready to make payment arrangements. I told her no, that I had not received anything from them, then she said well we sent it out two days ago so perhaps it was just lagging in the mail. She then tried to push me into making payment arrangements again and I said lady, I'm not making any arrangements with you nor am I going to discuss this matter with you any further until I receive the DV. I then asked if/when I do receive this DV from you and I decide that this debt is mine, are you guys willing to settle on a lower amount and accept a PFD? She said that they would only report the account as PIF but would not delete. I never acknowledged the debt but I felt like arguing a bit so I kept pushing the issue asking why won't you delete, what do you have to gain by continuing to punish somebody by reporting this on their CR? She didn't know what to say.... So I asked her, so what if this debt is mine and I agree to pay the full amount, would you be willing to delete then? I got a "hold on a minute"......then a man comes on the phone with an obvious attitude in his voice and said sir what seem to be YOUR PROBLEM?! I told him I don't have a problem, I'm just trying to find out why you guys are so unwilling to accept a pay for delete. He got real nasty at this point, saying sir, you owe this debt! We didn't make this debt up, we're just trying to collect on it! So it's time for you to be responsible and take care of your obligations! I aid excuse me! I requested a DV from you guys, you said that you would send me one! You called me back asking if I had received it yet! I told you I hadn't and I am not disputing nor acknowledging this debt until I receive that information! All I want to know is why you guys are/would be unwilling to delete this collection off my report if the debt is mine if I pay it off. He then came up with a big line of B.S. saying that it would be against the law for him to delete this off mine or any bodies CR if the information is accurate. I told him, I'm not buying your B.S., I know that you are not required to report this to any CRA but if you did report that all that was required is that the information you report be accurate but there's now law/rule that says you have to report at all. It went on back and forth for several more minutes and he said sir if you want to push this issue all I have to do is let the OC listen to the recording of this call and we will get paid, so how do you want to take care of this matter sir! I said, this is how I'm going to take care of this matter....I'm going to wait for the DV I requested, if/when I receive it I will determine whether or not the debt is mine and if I do determine it to be mine I will PIF and you can stick it where the sun don't shine and hung up on him.

It was a fun argument even though it accomplished nothing. At least I got to be just as rude to a CA as they are to most people. Gave them a taste of their own medicine if you will. I'm just wondering if any of you have had a medical collection through Harvard and did you have any luck getting a delete? Also, I waited about four more days after this phone conversation and still have not received the supposed DV they sent me so I DV'd them again via email and simply said "you are reporting a collection on my CR acct#******* and asked for validation of this debt as well as the DoFD. Then I said I requested this via telephone to no avail and left it at that. What should my next move be since it appears that they are hesitant to validate the debt but them being hesitant doesn't do anything for me in the mean time with this collection on my CR? Anybody got any suggestions?
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
chevyman
Contributor

Re: Harvard Collections, my new nemesis!

Wow who are the CAs and OC
Message 2 of 35
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

Harvard collections is the active CA, they bought it from Pendrick Capital (listed as the OC on my CR) who got it from Texas Emergency Physicians who was the original, original creditor.
Message 3 of 35
chevyman
Contributor

Have u talked to the OC
Message 4 of 35
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

Yes I have and they both tell me that Harvard owns the debt now and they can not provide me with any info beyond that.
Message 5 of 35
chevyman
Contributor

Take it this is medical and they cannot give u the original bill
Message 6 of 35
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

It is a medical, don't know whether or not they can give me the original bill or not. I'd just like them to get me a DV like they "claim" to have sent.
Message 7 of 35
chevyman
Contributor

Have u had business with
Message 8 of 35
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

Yes, but right after, I moved to another state and never had any contact with either the original creditor nor the current original creditor. I put a change of address in. It's not my fault that they failed to keep up with me. Right?
Message 9 of 35
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Did you send the DV CMRRR?  They cannot continue any collection activity until they respond.  No phone calls, not updating your CR, no mail.

And they cannot list the other CA as the OC.  It has to be the original creditor as in not another CA.

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.