Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harvard Collections

tag
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

Harvard Collections

I just had a $45 collection show up from a place called shadow Services through Harvard Collections. I've never been to or heard of this place. I disputed with EX and they removed but EQ came back. I also went through BBB but they did not respond to the complaint. 

This is my only collection so its very irtitaring, even more so that its from a place I've never been and they are just refusing to verify or respond.

Has anyone ever felt with them? Wha should I do next? Attempt to contact and just pay it anyway even though I don't really owe it to get it gone? Do they do PFD! That dosnt seem fair. Why wouldn't they respond to the BBB.

I really don't want this on here being my only collection when my secured card is due to unsecure and I'm hoping for a CLI. Now that my scores are high and reports clean, I'd like to try for a better card but not till this is taken care of.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Harvard Collections

@Bees18 wrote:

I just had a $45 collection show up from a place called shadow Services through Harvard Collections. I've never been to or heard of this place. I disputed with EX and they removed but EQ came back. I also went through BBB but they did not respond to the complaint. 

This is my only collection so its very irtitaring, even more so that its from a place I've never been and they are just refusing to verify or respond.

Has anyone ever felt with them? Wha should I do next? Attempt to contact and just pay it anyway even though I don't really owe it to get it gone? Do they do PFD! That dosnt seem fair. Why wouldn't they respond to the BBB.

I really don't want this on here being my only collection when my secured card is due to unsecure and I'm hoping for a CLI. Now that my scores are high and reports clean, I'd like to try for a better card but not till this is taken care of.

What does it say on your credit report? What are the dates? Like Date of First delinquency, etc. Paste a copy of the item on here, but XX out any personal information. 

Message 2 of 6
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

It just says :

Harvard Collection svc

chicago IL

shadow Services $45

reported oct 2018

and that's it. No account number or info

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bees18 wrote:

It just says :

Harvard Collection svc

chicago IL

shadow Services $45

reported oct 2018

and that's it. No account number or info

There is a chance it's incorrect information. I had a very old collection pop up on my report, and disputed it because it actually was incorrect. So if you can't figure out what it is, you can dispute it. But I would try to find out what it is exactly before you dispute.

Message 4 of 6
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

I did dispute, EX took it off..EQ did not. I haven't ever been to this place so I complained via the BBB and I've asked them to verify to it and Harvard did not respond.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bees18 wrote:

I did dispute, EX took it off..EQ did not. I haven't ever been to this place so I complained via the BBB and I've asked them to verify to it and Harvard did not respond.

Call EQ and ask them you want to see proof of the verification. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.