cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Your SelfLender Instalment Loan Reported for February?

tag
rbentley
Established Contributor

Has Your SelfLender Instalment Loan Reported for February?

I have a SelfLender loan which is paid on the 17th of each month and reports to the bureau on the last day of the month. I was particularly looking forward to February's payment reporting as it should drop my outstanding balance below the 8.9% threshold, with an accompanying score boost. However it hasn't yet reported on any of the bureau's. Has anyone else had this delay in reporting with them for February? Self is blaming the delay on the bureau's. The bureau's are saying that is BS and they have not received reporting on my account for February.

This happened once before and it took two weeks before Self acknowledged that they  had accidentally not reported to the bureau that month and immediately made an update.  I am wondering if that has happened again. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has Your SelfLender Instalment Loan Reported for February?

Installment loans are usually 30 days behind

Message 2 of 6
rbentley
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Installment loans are usually 30 days behind

That is not the case with Self.  I am at month 22 with them and there has only been one other month that it has not reported on the last day of the month.  

Message 3 of 6
rbentley
Established Contributor

Nevermind....lol.  February finally reported today, at least on Experian.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lucky it reported already! I believe EQ still only has through Dec reported for me so far lol. TU just reported Jan and EX has Feb reported. Seems to always be that pattern for them. I get daily CR refreshes directly from EX and TU and use CK for EQ updates. I pay my Self Loan on the 2nd of the month, so a little slow to update for some CRAs for sure....

And on EX it says status updated on 2.1.20 and balance updated on 2.29.20, so I guess it marks payment made (I'm guessing that the payment cleared for the previous month with no issue), but then updates the balance at the end of the month for idk....prior month or current month? I know my balances are definitely behind from whats on my app dashboard for my Self account.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

22 Months and only once? My Self almost always shows super late and variable dates for some reason, lucky you! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.