Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anybody tried doing this?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anybody tried doing this?

I have composed a letter for EQ to request addition of 3 positive TLs to be included in my CR.  I am trying to find out if any of you guys tried this in the past and been successful?  Thanks again for future responses.   

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anybody tried doing this?

Many have tried.........not sure if any succeded.

You'd have better luck trying to get the creditor to report.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

These are actually old auto loans.  Not sure if EQ reported them in the past and just deleted it earlier, but aren't positive TLs suppose to report as long as 10yrs?  I figure these accounts not showing up have affected my account age with EQ.  What do you guys think?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed, positive accounts will remain for 10 years from closed date.

FCRA doesn't give a minimum reporting time, just a maximum.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never seen it done, have tried many times myself.  They almost always just won't do it.  The only chance would be to call the creditor and ask/beg them to report it, if only once.   Have them send you a confirm in writing........
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fortunately, I still have an old copy of my EQ cr dated 6/14/06 with "all" of these missing installment in them.  I think I would give it a shot and see what happens. Would update everyone if it's a success. 
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMO the CRAs will not do it!!  They will tell you to contact the creditor!

You can call the OCs and see if they will report but they do not have to.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.