cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else noticed issues with reaged accounts on their EX report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone else noticed issues with reaged accounts on their EX report?

A while a go I mentioned that I had 12 Collection account deleted off my EX report because they were re-aged. I noticed this based on a September 2006 report.

So, I decided to look at this report again and noticed a recent EX report (May 2008) has more accounts that seem to have been re-aged. My last three baddies all have had the drop off date change.

On my first baddie in 2006 it was scheduled to drop off in January of 2011 now it is saying July 2011

The second one was scheduled to drop off in December 2008 now it is showing January 2009 I agree it's only a month but am I right to assume that this date shouldn't change?

The third one was scheduled to drop off in April 2010 now it is showing October 2010.

I wonder if the CA and OC reporting these TL think that by slowly moving the drop off date, I won't notice? Or is it the CRA that is changing the date. Or am I making a big deal out of nothing?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Has anyone else noticed issues with reaged accounts on their EX report?

Boy do they have it in for you!

I haven't seen this. I do pull each report directly from the CRA every other month just to be sure.

Dispute the same way you did the others. I guess they are making things easier for you. I wish AFNI and Verizon Wireless would do that to me.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's funny that you mentioned AFNI, because they happen to be one of my baddies. I've sent two DV letters and they still have not replied, Yet my CR keeps updating. Maybe this is what I need to get rid of them. Fortunately, they aren't on any of my other reports. They were on my TU CR and I disputed and the TL was deleted.
Message 3 of 6
lessismore2014
Frequent Contributor

oh yea, I have 2 that I have been re-aged and I've been disputing since April, last week they finally decided to remove one of them. One still remains so I wrote another letter today. IT is strictly illegal for them to re-age an account. They can be fine $1000 for each account. Check online, this here is a good website: [URL Removed]  It has helped me a great deal.

Message Edited by Timothy on 06-30-2008 06:54 PM
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputing can change the drop date - as the creditor sends new data to the CRA - if the DOFD is different than it originaly was- the drop date will change.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

A month or two I can understand but five-six months? That just doesn't seem right
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.