cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had Goodwill success with BOA or Discover?

tag
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

Has anyone had Goodwill success with BOA or Discover?

Hi All,

Just curious if anyone has had goodwill success with either one of these creditors? I am in the process of beginning my campaign with both creditors and Im just wondering what my odds are. If there's any information anyone can share that'll be helpful, I would surely appreciate it. 

Thanks! 

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Has anyone had Goodwill success with BOA or Discover?

In the past,  GW from BofA was very rare.  I have been in here for over 10 years and only saw one post about GW from them.  Won't hurt to keep trying but I wouldn't count on it.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America success:

Bank of America used to say on their website NOT to send goodwill letters though, so YMMV.

I doubt Discover will do a goodwill adjustment either.

How bad are your baddies?

Message 3 of 5
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

They are both paid chargeoffs from 2014. Discover received a judgement on the amount $2448 (the judgement is deleted from my reports but the CL remains closed and adverse) and BOA did not but the amount was $1100. I paid both earlier this year (April, May).

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 4 of 5
EW800
Valued Contributor

I had GW success with B of A about six years ago or so, however it took a lot of work and was the mortgage side of their business.  I had two 30-day lates showing on my credit report, consecutively.  When I looked into the lates, I realized that it was because I had automatic payments setup through a third party which were paid on time, however the dollar amounts were short by something like $20 each, because the escrow amount changed.  At first B of A pretty much told me too bad, however when I sent it all sorts of supporting documentation showing that payments were made on time, but the dollar amounts were a bit short because of the auto-pay through a third party (I believe it was a Quicken service), they finally removed the two lates.  I do recall reading messages at the time that such removals were VERY rare and that I was very lucky.  

When going through some really ugly times just after that, I had to do a credit card settlement with them (B of A).  I have had zero GW luck with them on this issue, but thankfully that account, as well as the foreclosure that we went through, are going to be falling off about six months from now.  Cannot wait for that to happen!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.