cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had luck with ERC?? (Enhanced Recovery)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had luck with ERC?? (Enhanced Recovery)

Man they're tough!!!

I have one collection showing on Trans and Experian. $350 bucks from an old Sprint bill from 2013.

I recently took care of all my chargeoffs before they were sold etc. Clean credit file minus lates and paid chargeoffs except this collection by ERC!!!

I disputed it, sent a letter, sent a PFD.. twice! Once by regular mail and once by certified. Stating I will pay in full if they delete... They completely ignore my requests. They don't contact me, call me, or anything. It's like they know lol. When I disputed it, they sent me an old sprint bill. So I know they're getting my requests.

Is there any way I can get them to delete this thing? I'm aiming to buy a house in 5-6 months and want this thing off. My scores just boosted to Eq 614 / Trans 623 / Exp 619. I know if I get this thing off it'll give me a jump as it's the only collection and only current derog showing.

If they won't delete should I just pay it? Has anyone had luck with them deleting? I googled some success stories but my patience is running thing as I've been working at them for 3-4 months. I was thinking about calling them but everything I read is they say "we do not delete".

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone had luck with ERC?? (Enhanced Recovery)

Unfortunately I don't have a success story with them for a pay for delete. Sprint has no record that i owed them money but everytime I disputed it, the collection came back verified. I did the exact same thing you did plus calling and asking for a pay for delete. They said no and never responded to my letter. I finally called on 5/23 ago and paid in full since we are already in the process of buying a house. Our lender made us pay it since we are doing USDA, if we had done FHA then we wouldn't have had too.
But its already updated to closed status and paid, shows current. I'm hoping they will eventually delete soon, although it's supposed to fall off next year anyway. At least paying it helped! I would just bite the bullet and pay it if you have the money. Good luck!
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a collection with ERC a couple years back, I believe for an AT&T bill.  I had success by contacting AT&T and asking them to recall the collection if I agreed to pay the entire debt.  I did this through chat so that I had record of it.  Once paid I contacted ERC stating the debt had been paid with the original creditor and they removed the file.  It took a couple of months, and disputes with CRAs, but ultimately it was removed. My suggestion would be to go to Sprint and try and take care of the debt.  

Good luck!

@Anonymous
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy crap it worked! I just called Sprint and was like heyyy... you canceled my line 5 years ago and its showing up with ERC. Am I able to pay you directly showing that the original creditor was paid and ERC did not own the debt at time of payment? He said absolutely. So I paid Sprint the $350 bucks and got my confirmation number. Heading straight to the dispute section!! Shocked as I thought ERC owned the debt. I guess they were just collecting for them? For 5 years? Strange.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Update---

I called ERC directly and asked them if they owned the rights to the debt. She said no, they're just collecting for Sprint. I said well then why are you reporting on my credit as if you owned the debt? She started mumbling and I said let me save you some time..

She asked how I wanted to pay?

I said.. I already did to the original creditor today and here is your confirmation number. So please delete your info from my credit report as the debt was paid to the original creditor. I had no contract with you, only sprint and it was taken care of in full. She told me it should be updated within 45 days after Sprint gives them notification of payment.

Can they still stay on my credit report? Even though I paid to the original creditor and they had no rights to the debt? They better update it to delete status. When she said "update", I'm like you mean delete? She said I cannot confirm any of that information sir as we are only instructed to update the status once paid. But you don't own the debt??

So glad when this last one is off my report!

Message 5 of 14
2IMPROVE
Regular Contributor

I disputed a  medical bill for DV and it was deleted.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed directly with the Credit Bureau and it was DELETED with no problems. I had a account with Sprint and ERC picked it up, I disputed it was Deleted, no problems. Had one for AT&T that ERC picked up, I disputed it (recently) and it was DELETED, no problems.

I suggest that you just keep disputing through the Credit Bureau, DON"T contact ERC themselves. I have found them to be the easiest to be removed.  Now, PORTFOLIO Recovery is a different story!!

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

New Update---

I called ERC directly and asked them if they owned the rights to the debt. She said no, they're just collecting for Sprint. I said well then why are you reporting on my credit as if you owned the debt? She started mumbling and I said let me save you some time..

She asked how I wanted to pay?

I said.. I already did to the original creditor today and here is your confirmation number. So please delete your info from my credit report as the debt was paid to the original creditor. I had no contract with you, only sprint and it was taken care of in full. She told me it should be updated within 45 days after Sprint gives them notification of payment.

Can they still stay on my credit report? Even though I paid to the original creditor and they had no rights to the debt? They better update it to delete status. When she said "update", I'm like you mean delete? She said I cannot confirm any of that information sir as we are only instructed to update the status once paid. But you don't own the debt??

So glad when this last one is off my report!

Is there any update on this?

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

ERC did in fact delete the insertion from all agencies. It took about 2 weeks but it's gone forever!

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

ERC did in fact delete the insertion from all agencies. It took about 2 weeks but it's gone forever!

Congrats! 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.