cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had recent luck with national recovery agency?

tag
Brookenic84
New Contributor

Has anyone had recent luck with national recovery agency?

I just paid off a collection with them. I did search them first and found a lot of people had luck with pfd in the past. I wondered if anyone recently had luck. Has anyone ever paid them and they only updated their account on their credit report to paid in full or do they always delete like they say? Have the laws changed since portfolio recovery has it posted right on their home page that they do delete?
December 2018

As of 3/25/2019

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone had recent luck with national recovery agency?

First, and formost. Great job paying off you're debt! Responsible borrowing starts at home first. Being responsible means you can be trusted with loans such as an auto, and taking advantage of amazing credit card offers.

If you have paid this off IN FULL then you should recieve confirmation that it has been paid. Also keep in mind it takes thirty days to report to the credit reporting agencies such as Equifax, TU, and Experian, and probably some of the others that are popping up all over.

IF they do not change the status on you're report you will have to dispute the charge on you're time. You do this by doing it online, or mailing the 3 reporting agencies. People will typically do it online.

Message 2 of 5
slither43
Regular Contributor

I know this is an older post but I'm in the same situation with them and I'm curious as to how it went in your case. I had an agent call me and tell me point blank that they remove it when paid and it's as though it never existed. When I paid it off in full last week I was told that I should not have been told that and they were unable to give me any kind of straight answer other than it will show as paid and it's all automated and out of their control. They were nice but painfully incompetent when it came to knowing any answers to my questions. Anyone??

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you do a Pay for Delete? Or did you just pay by phone and they told you they were gonna delete it? 

@Brookenic84 wrote:
I just paid off a collection with them. I did search them first and found a lot of people had luck with pfd in the past. I wondered if anyone recently had luck. Has anyone ever paid them and they only updated their account on their credit report to paid in full or do they always delete like they say? Have the laws changed since portfolio recovery has it posted right on their home page that they do delete?

Message 4 of 5
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you do a Pay for Delete? Or did you just pay by phone and they told you they were gonna delete it? 

@Brookenic84 wrote:

They 100% ignore PFD letters by mail and email or at least they did it to me multiple times.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.