cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had success with Credit First NA or AmeriCredit??

tag
jsgree02
Established Member

Has anyone had success with Credit First NA or AmeriCredit??

I have a Charge-Off account with Credit First National Association for a previous balance I owe with them.  They are the OC.  The account will fall off of my CR's in Jan 2010 but I was wondering if anyone has had success with with this company at all.  I also have a 60 day late with AmeriCredit which has been paid off.  I sent them a GW Letter and got a letter back saying "We have received your inquiry letter and in order to properly assist you additional information is needed.  Please contact our Customer Service Department at xxx-xxx-xxxx during business hours."  I contacted the Customer Service Department and the CSR wasn't helpful at all.  She basically told me that there was a note on the account stating they wouldn't be able to remove the 60 day late because it's reporting correctly.  Has anyone had any success with these two companies?
Message Edited by jsgree02 on 07-17-2009 07:30 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
getting2work
Contributor

Re: Has anyone had success with Credit First NA or AmeriCredit??

I would not even mess with Americredit. They are a nightmare to deal with. They were reporting something inaccurate on my credit report and when I diputed it they added some 30 day lates to my history even though the loan was paid and closed one year prior. Hard to be late on something when you don't even owe money and you hold the title. Then it was REALLY a nightmare trying to fix. I would just leave them alone. But that was just my experience...
Working on buying our first home!
10/15/2012 TU 680 EX 658 EQ 684
06/26/2009 TU 644 EX 601(fako) EQ 614
06/06/2009 TU 612 EX 526 (fako) EQ 614
05/01/2009 TU 594 EX ???? EQ 563
01/01/2009 TU 527 EX 453 (fako) EQ 477
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.