cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone settled with Nordstrom/TD Bank recently?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone settled with Nordstrom/TD Bank recently?

Long story short, I cleaned up all of my collections and only had this one charge off from Nordstrom left. I'm under contract on a house and the loan officer suggested I get rid of this charge off. Not a huge deal, however they told me if I settled for less to make sure the "settled for less" verbiage stayed off of my report. What are the chances of that happening? I'm not opposed to paying in full. Just curious if others have experience. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gatorlover
Contributor

Re: Has anyone settled with Nordstrom/TD Bank recently?

I settled for less on my Target RedCard with TD recently and they definitely marked it as settled for less, but they also never promised they wouldn't do that.

Current

Starting (May 2020)

Reaching for 750+
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious, did you settle through a collection company or directly with target? Apparently Nordstrom still owns my charge off. 

Message 3 of 5
House2021
Established Contributor

I settled recently with Target/TD bank and I dealt with them direct, they accepted $350 on $1077 it is still updating, I paid last month, they just updated it on the 6th reducing my balance by $350 and said it won't update until June 6th with a zero balance, I called and asked the rep about this and while I had him, I asked for a courtesy deletion. Unfortunately he wouldn't but he said what he could do is send a letter saying $0 balance and if I dispute it with that letter, then it will not correct to $0, it'll actually be deleted in entirety, he said he did it himself, I'm skeptical but I might try it.

Message 4 of 5
gatorlover
Contributor

I settled directly with Target, just gave them a call and asked to talk to their collections department. It was pretty painless, but if I recall I did have to push a bit to get a properly low settlement (60%).

Current

Starting (May 2020)

Reaching for 750+
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.