Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have any of you heard of this? First Premier Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have any of you heard of this? First Premier Bank

It feels like when I take one step forward, I take a few back...

So, First premier approved me for 500. I use it and pay it off many times a month never carrying a balance. I have an obsession of keeping my balances at zero. Apparently, that is not a good thing. (rolls eyes) I just called in to pay 8.21 which will bring it back to zero and the rep takes my payment then tells me my account is suspended. She explains to me that it's because its a new card and high utilization. UMMM am I not supposed to use my card? She says it's just that its new and you're using it a lot. I say yea but I'm paying it a lot also so whats the problem? We just have to verify you, we need proof of ss, address, and bank accounts. I'm angry nonetheless but I took the fax number, plan to send over my verification, and not use my card any longer. Did I do something wrong? Is this normal? If I keep the card but don't use it will they close it on me? Any tips on moving forward? Thanks so much, I'm just  sooooo annoyed right now!

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Have any of you heard of this? First Premier Bank

Hi, OP. Smiley Happy

This seems normal to me. High usage on a just-opened account definitely warrants scrutiny. Comenity Bank did the same to me when I opened my VS account. 

You did nothing wrong, but your spending concerned First Premier, so much that they called you and suspended your account. 

If I were you, I would be annoyed, but look at this as them keeping you safe from the hands of low-life identity thieves. 

I take it you are re-builder (First Premier is a rebuilder card, IMHO). As re-builders, we want to make sure we make no mistakes so that we improve our credit and have something to be proud of again. Trust me, the last you want is a bunch of thieves maxing out your card and potentially botching the progress you have made. 

First Premier saved you from a potential identity theft, and I encourage you to view it that way.

Besides, lenders are allowed to mitigate risk. Smiley Wink

Good luck! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Have any of you heard of this? First Premier Bank

Makes sense. And yes, I am rebuilding so I thought me using the card and paying immediately was a good thing and not to be scrutinized. But thank you. I was upset. lol.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.