cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you dealt with Southwest Credit? Did you succeed with PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you dealt with Southwest Credit? Did you succeed with PFD?

Hi everyone.

Did you have success with getting Southwest Credit to PFD? 

i have 2 collections with Southwest Credit totaling about $500. SOL here is 4 years, the first one is from 06/2013, and second is from 12/2014. 

Wanting to app for Mortgage soon and want these gone. I can PIF, wanting a PFD. Looking for feedback on your experience with them.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Have you dealt with Southwest Credit? Did you succeed with PFD?

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you the link, but I have already searched ALL forums here. 

There are several posts mentioning Southwest Credit as a collection agency, but I couldn't find ANY where the OP had come back and updated results. That is why I asked specifically if anyone has succeeded with a PFD,  and that I was looking for feedback on experience with them. 

I am not being lazy, simply trying to find out what I am up against before I start. 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Southwest Credit refused a PFD for me.  I was able to go back to the original creditor and pay them though and they requested that Southwest Credit remove from my CR.  I mailed them several PFD letters and spoke to them on the phone and they did not budge.  Maybe you could try to pay the original creditor?! 

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Thatgirl19792,

Thank you for your feedback, it is exactly what I was looking for. 

I will contact the OC first and hope for the best. 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

When your creditor requested that Southwest delete it, was Southwest required to do so since it was the original creditor requesting it?  Assuming Southwest complied with the request, did they remove all past data as well, not just report it as paid-in-full?  My Comcast box got lost in the mail....I wonder--since I've already communicated to them many times that I did mail it out--if they would be willing to request the same thing from Southwest.

Message 6 of 12
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Thank you the link, but I have already searched ALL forums here. 

There are several posts mentioning Southwest Credit as a collection agency, but I couldn't find ANY where the OP had come back and updated results. That is why I asked specifically if anyone has succeeded with a PFD,  and that I was looking for feedback on experience with them. 

I am not being lazy, simply trying to find out what I am up against before I start. 

N/p. I figured at least commenting on your post would bump it up to the top and more people might potentially see it and answer your question. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 7 of 12
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

I remember these guys, they showed up when I had a clear to close on a mortgage. They never sent any letters or anything though and just showed up on my reports. They got removed from the reports for this reason and I paid the original creditor and they recalled the collection agency, never really had an issue with them after that and they never showed up again. 

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Time Warner was the original creditor and from what they said, Southwest was required to delete when they requested them to.  It was updated for about a week to paid in full and then deleted completely. 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, the one collection from 12/2014 was Comcast for $310.

i just now paid them over the phone. The guy I spoke with assured me the CA would remove it from my credit report in 60-90 days. (I asked that it would not be updated to PAID, and he said no, it will be removed. 

Crossing fingers.... if not, will send goodwills to CA.

Not sure what to do with the other collection as of yet. It is $140, and is out of SOL by several months (06/2013, SOL here is 4 years). Will try Verizon first. It was for internet and landline.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.