Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello All!

tag
shane1120
Contributor

Hello All!

Hello,

I have been a long time lurker of this site and have used it more times than I can count over the past couple years during my credit rebuilding journey. I started rebuilding my credit in February of 2011; I had a pretty bad report from some mistakes I made when I was younger. I had several charge-offs and some collections on my accounts as well as some accounts with payments 120+ days late. My starting FICO score was 498. 

With advice I gathered from this site I opened a PNC Bank secured visa card with a limit of $250, not a lot but it started the process. After a few months of making on time payments on the PNC card and settling baddies on my report, my score jumped to the mid 500's. In February of 2012 my FICO score was around 580; I decided to apply for a new car loan. I was approved by Capital One for a 18K loan, that same month I was also approved for a Capital One platinum Visa card ($500). After good payment history with that my CL was increased to $750 in March of 2013. In July of this year my score was around 620 so I decided to apply for some new accounts to help my report. I was approved for a Capital One Quicksilver card ($1000), a Kohl's card ($400) and a Walmart card ($500). I will let these accounts site for a while as I pay the balance every month and hopefully, by this time next year I will have a 700+ score.

I just wanted to say thank you to the members of this forum for all their positive attidues I've seen on this site.

On a side note.Is there anything I can do to get that 700+ score quicker?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Hello All!

Do you have any collections? Charge-Offs still reporting? 

Message 2 of 8
shane1120
Contributor

@DaBears wrote:

Do you have any collections? Charge-Offs still reporting? 

Yes, i have an old Chase account that was PIF and is reporting that as well as a collections account from Midland that was PIF.

Message 3 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

I would send GW letters to them asking kindly if they are willing to delete their tradelines. 

Message 4 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1  Start your GW campaign, they're paid so no harm.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 8
shane1120
Contributor

@DaBears wrote:

I would send GW letters to them asking kindly if they are willing to delete their tradelines. 

If the last activity on the Chase account was 2009, would that hurt me now if it updates in 2013 wth a new status?

Message 6 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

If they delete it would give you some type of bump in scoring. They are closed PIF accounts they wouldn't be able to update the TL all they can do is submit a AUD form to the CRA's for deletion. But they can not update the TL. 

Message 7 of 8
shane1120
Contributor

@DaBears wrote:

If they delete it would give you some type of bump in scoring. They are closed PIF accounts they wouldn't be able to update the TL all they can do is submit a AUD form to the CRA's for deletion. But they can not update the TL. 

So when I called them they would not delete it for me..So I disputed it on my CR and the status was updated from "Debt was transferred" to "closed - paid in full". My score did not go up or down but what can I expect from this?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.