Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Collections

So, I have rebuilt it was a very long hard road but I did it !! My current MyFICO scores range between 680-750. It took me a total of just a little over 7 years, my credit was a mess from a very sloppy divorce.

All of my baddies fell off 3 or so years ago, I had some PFD, some goodwill items and worked with some OC and collections..

I havnt had any contact with any collection companies at all for at least 3 years because thats how long Ive been in my home...

Anyways, today I get a letter from a company that said another collections company hired them to collect and gave me several different options..

The last rhing in small writing says ...

The law limits how long you can be sued on a debt, because of the age of your debt such and auch cant sue you or report to credit reporting agencies..

Would you call them?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
avp99
Frequent Contributor

Re: Hello Collections

Nope Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Hello Collections

If you wiswh to remove any future potential impact of an unpaid, delinquent debt, then settling may still be prudent even though it is apparently outside of SOL, and thus they will not sue.

Do you plan on apping for a large loan in the near future, such as a mortgage, where the lendor will likely ask for disclosure of any unpaid, delinquent debt?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.