Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, Just looking for advice

tag
austinbregg
Established Member

Hello, Just looking for advice

I've been fighting cleaning up my history for about a year now. I got most of my fathers stuff off my reports. there is two accounts killing me a BoA card I had 6 yrs ago that I didnt pay and owe 700 on and a 2nd car loan for my ex that was paid but had some late payments.

Im currently listed as a AU on my Fiance cards (Discover) $6500 CL, (BoA) $1200 CL, (Davids Bridal) $1750 CL

I had a Secured Card through a credit Union for just under 1 yr @ $2000 CL but I closed it as it never would turn into unsecured and I would have had to do a HP for anything else. I wasnt tied to the credit union or their cards. I did the shopping cart tricks for the SP and got Jcrew, Express, Buckle, Loft, 

I did a HP and got a low Capital One Quick Silver card as I figured I could grow that.

Is there anything else I can be doing. I feel the Au isnt helping my much. Can I get switched from Au as a joint with discover you think?

I have three car loans that were paid in full and perfect except the Credit Acceptance one that was paid but some late fees.

Thanks in advance

Currently My Scores as of 9-6-2014 are as Follows

Equifax: [601]

Trans Union: [579]

Experian: [589]

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
austinbregg
Established Member

Re: Hello, Just looking for advice

I forgot to ask. Should I just pay off the BoA $700 Balance? I read that it may make the changes on that account show more recent but there reporting each month as collection.

Message 2 of 15
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

I believe that you could, and should, build your own credit profile that is not using the authorized-user services of another person's credit profile.

I started with two small [$300 each] secured credit card tradelines and have sine gone on to buy my new home and closed all three of my secured tradelines when I was able to replace them with unsecured tradelines. It really is not hard to do.

Message 3 of 15
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

I had two collections that were reporting monthly that destroyed my scores. I was only getting 5 points max a month in increases across all FICO and FAKO monitoring services. Once I paid them off and they reported as paid in full my scores shot up 30-70 pts with FICO and FAKO monitoring. My largest increase to date since adding secured cards when I had no real credit cards. 

I wish I had tried a Pay for Delete first so now I'm trying to Goodwill them off. Paying them off really helped my scores though. I could be unique regarding this scoring aspect but yours is due to fall off soon so I'm sure you could PFD it or at least get those nasty monthly updates gotten rid of which would help and then you could get it off through Goodwill, let if fall off or even try a 6 month early with the bureaus. You seem to be in a much better place than I was, especially now so I would think it would help you greatly to negotiate or at least pay it. 

Just from my experience. There are many on here who have done similar things and may have better tips etc. Don't worry they'll post eventually. Its usually slower on the weekend. 

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 4 of 15
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

I forgot to add. If your collection account is already reporting monthly then you are already taking that hit like I was. Once it's paid it starts aging and your scores increase. They can't change the original date though and when it's supposed to fall off. All they can do is update the balance to 0 or paid or settled in full. Since you're getting the monthly hits anyways definitely try for a PFD. You can also try to goodwill those car lates. If you had extenuating circumstances just try to tell them. You never know, they could delete them just send a letter monthly.

Message 5 of 15
austinbregg
Established Member

Im not really sure Im pretty confused about that one. Ive posted a picture with the details. No sensitive info of course. Doesnt make sense to me cause with Experian they reported paid for the last 18months then just started reporting as not paid. It might be worth noting I've had Lexington Law hired for about a yr.

BoA Details

I originaly added to the Fiance's cards to help with utilization. Im not sure whats killing me for the past 8 months. I spiked up to 619 on TU then it fell to what it is currently for no reason. 

There is two other small collections that are being challenged currently that should fall off but it seems like companies keep selling the account. There was 7 of my fathers accounts federal tax liens and such high ones those came off and my score didnt really shoot up like I thought it would. 

Message 6 of 15
austinbregg
Established Member

Im still building my own credit profile. I just figured it couldnt hurt to add as AU on high CL cards that I know are paid on time cause I pay them. Perhaps I should focus more on my credit score then my fiances. I helped her get from 600 a year ago to 740 now 

Message 7 of 15
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

From what I have researched you can do everything Lexington Law does by yourself and you have the gratification of doing it. Plus they will sometimes cause more problems with creditors than its worth. 

From the human aspect, they would rather deal with you, the creditor, than deal with some company that represents you. 

Lexington Law will also take long times to do things in order to get more money out of you. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/DO-NOT-USE-LEXINGTON-LAW-FIRM/m-p/3277310/hig...

Message 8 of 15
austinbregg
Established Member

I've Been Extreamly happy with them. My situation was a mess with my dad's stuff. I know and I tried multiple times to challenge and do stuff my self and I never got results.

Results

Were getting a little off track. I dont want to get deleted cause someone thinks Im advertising here. I have been thinking about canceling anyway cause now that its cleaned up I can handel it from here.

Anyone with there take on the BoA screen shot I uploaded up top. I cant make heads or tales of it

Message 9 of 15
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

Don't worry, you are not getting off track. You are just looking for recomendations. You will not be hit for that. 

There are many on here who have crazy amounts of experience. Would you mind listing some of your accounts that you currently have? 

List your major derogatories such as Charge Offs, Liens, Collections etc so they can help guide you. 

Plus list some of your revolving credit accounts, installment loan accounts, mortgage (if any) etc. 

You can also list your oldest account plus your average age of accounts. 

List your Utilization and your limits per card etc.

Don't forget lates 30, 60, 90 120+ etc. 

This way the members on here can give you better recommendations with your current profile and what you need to do to start boosting your scores. You look like you have a bunch of stuff about to fall off. If thats true, once those are gone and you have some of your own revolving credit accounts and installment loans that report with good history then your score should start going up. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.