Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello! New here!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello! New here!

Hello! I am new here and am starting my credit rebuilding after some pretty bad mistakes in the past. My current scores are: Experian 566, trans union 557, Equifax 541. I currently have two auto loans in current condition, as well as a
Store card from bealls that is revolving and current. I also got approved for blaze MasterCard and will have it revolving too. Most of my debt is student loans and medical. I have 13 in collections which 8 drop off next year. I am not sure what else I should be doing because in a year (hopefully) I can get a mortgage loan. Thanks!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Hello! New here!

Hi and welcome

You can start by listing those collections and amounts owed on them.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, and welcome!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My collections are as follows:

Medical:

Most of these are from when my kids were born

Student loan debt:
Message 4 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Welcome aboard! What are the names of the collectors? If its Midland or Portfolio. They will delete if more than 2yrs old. Settled or PIF. @gdale6 has a template with steps to tackle med debts.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I did not realize how in depth this was, thank you for all the information! Your scores look awesome, I hope to get there some day. My medical debt is from Cadillac accounts receivables, Phoenix recovery services, optimal outcomes and ability recovery. All are charge offs
Message 6 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

There is a way to rid yourself of the med stuff. We cant talk about it on the forum. But until the boss sees the ping I sent him. You can Google HIPPA process in the meantime. Thanks for the compliment. Wasn't easy getting where I'm at. But. I did it all from researching here for every move I made after BK. Good Luck!

Message 7 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Medical collections are some of the easiest to get removed from your CRs, if these are set to drop for you next year you may want to wait for them to drop before moving to settle any of them but if you are prepared to take care of them here are the steps that you should follow to address them:

1. Call the OC and see if insurance can be billed, (or-rebilled), collections ultimately paid by insurance get removed per new rules that came from CRAs settlement with 22 state AGs. If not then
2. see if you qualify for Charity Care, if not then
3.  ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
4. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
5. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help, this process cannot be discussed in any forum of myFico.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

For what it’s worth on top of what was stated above, I’ve seen members here mention that Phoenix also will delete in exchange for payment. Midland will delete anything paid or settled that’s two years old at minimum, and Portfolio will delete a paid/settled account irrespective of its age.

As for the HIPAA steps that @gdale6 mentioned, I can attest from personal experience that they work if you follow the laid out procedure to the letter.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
For what it’s worth on top of what was stated above, I’ve seen members here mention that Phoenix also will delete in exchange for payment. Midland will delete anything paid or settled that’s two years old at minimum, and Portfolio will delete a paid/settled account irrespective of its age.

As for the HIPAA steps that @gdale6 mentioned, I can attest from personal experience that they work if you follow the laid out procedure to the letter.

+1 I also can personally attest that it works.  Just make sure you follow the procedure exactly just like ImTheDevil stated.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.