Hello, and welcome!
Welcome aboard! What are the names of the collectors? If its Midland or Portfolio. They will delete if more than 2yrs old. Settled or PIF. @gdale6 has a template with steps to tackle med debts.
There is a way to rid yourself of the med stuff. We cant talk about it on the forum. But until the boss sees the ping I sent him. You can Google HIPPA process in the meantime. Thanks for the compliment. Wasn't easy getting where I'm at. But. I did it all from researching here for every move I made after BK. Good Luck!
Welcome to the board
Medical collections are some of the easiest to get removed from your CRs, if these are set to drop for you next year you may want to wait for them to drop before moving to settle any of them but if you are prepared to take care of them here are the steps that you should follow to address them:
1. Call the OC and see if insurance can be billed, (or-rebilled), collections ultimately paid by insurance get removed per new rules that came from CRAs settlement with 22 state AGs. If not then
2. see if you qualify for Charity Care, if not then
3. ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
4. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
5. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help, this process cannot be discussed in any forum of myFico.
For what it’s worth on top of what was stated above, I’ve seen members here mention that Phoenix also will delete in exchange for payment. Midland will delete anything paid or settled that’s two years old at minimum, and Portfolio will delete a paid/settled account irrespective of its age.
As for the HIPAA steps that @gdale6 mentioned, I can attest from personal experience that they work if you follow the laid out procedure to the letter.
+1 I also can personally attest that it works. Just make sure you follow the procedure exactly just like ImTheDevil stated.