Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello everybody! how does capaital one handle charge offs in 2019? Please read

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everybody! how does capaital one handle charge offs in 2019? Please read

I live in Florida i have 3 charged off Capital One cards that i have been paying monthly in the charge off department for awhile.

well i stopped paying them, they are at $900, $1021, and $1,892

Im so scared of being sued i have NO experiance with any court stuff, but i have seen lately that people have posted that cap one 

cards were charged off and then collection agencies like Midland or Portfolio picks them up, and then make payment arrangements with them. But also read from a few years ago that cap one handles their own stuff and sues allot!

Question is do i still have a chance of being sued? or has capital one calmed down with the whole "lawsuit thing"?

also one of the accounts was in the hardship department. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thank you

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Hello everybody! how does capaital one handle charge offs in 2019? Please read

@Anonymous wrote:

I live in Florida i have 3 charged off Capital One cards that i have been paying monthly in the charge off department for awhile.

well i stopped paying them, they are at $900, $1021, and $1,892

Im so scared of being sued i have NO experiance with any court stuff, but i have seen lately that people have posted that cap one 

cards were charged off and then collection agencies like Midland or Portfolio picks them up, and then make payment arrangements with them. But also read from a few years ago that cap one handles their own stuff and sues allot!

Question is do i still have a chance of being sued? or has capital one calmed down with the whole "lawsuit thing"?

also one of the accounts was in the hardship department. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thank you

Capital One is known to engage in litigation but so are many other lenders. You owe them a decent amount of money, so I would suggest you resume making payments, if they will allow you

I have no idea how likely legal action is, no one can tell you that, but you really do not need collection on top of charged off accounts. 

I would contact them and see what, if anything, they can do for you and go from there 

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Hello everybody! how does capaital one handle charge offs in 2019? Please read

AFAIK they have not backed off from suing or selling COed accounts to a CA. Since they have not taken the step of selling which would most likely add another TL to your CR I would make arrangements with them to settle the accounts. Capital One does not do PFD either.

Welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.