Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! 50 point increase in 12 mths

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! 50 point increase in 12 mths

Ok, I had some problems in 2007. Auto repo, late CC payments (Cap 1 has 150 day late Smiley Sad ), charge offs, numerous collection agencies. Needless to say, at the end of 2007 my credit score was about 490. I really want to improve my FICO score to at least 625 by the end of 09.

Here's what I have as of Jan 1, 09:

All CCs with balances have been up to date since Oct 07.

2 closed CCs w/ balances -- Citi $1470 // $1500 CL -- Capital One $170 // $500 CL  (Any chance they will reopen these?)

2 closed CCs PIF w/ late payments GEMB & Express (sent GW letters to remove lates...waiting for response)

2 WF student loans $5k -- Deferred

Orchard MC $300 CL

Auto Loan $17,175 -- current

Baddies:

1 CA (currently in the DV process) $195

90 day lates on CC's -- except Citi & Orchard

Sept 07 -- WF Repo $12k

WF Visa CO -- $485

Citi Personal Loan CO -- $2900

Oldest account is 4 years.

Since Nov 2007 I have all accounts current and have opened a $300 CL Orchard MC in Aug. 08 to start repairing the damage. However, I don't know where to go from here! My score has only increased about 50 points in a year. Please help! Robot Indifferent

Transunion credit scores are below :

Message Edited by origico on 01-02-2009 05:51 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: Help! 50 point increase in 12 mths

Hi origico and welcome to the forum! For the Citi and Cap 1, you can always try asking them to reinstate the account in exchange for the payment in full. But if they sold the accounts to a debt buyer, then that will be out of the question. However, you can always try get the debt buyer/ CA to PFD.

Now for the collection account. Is it a medical bill? If it is medical, then you should refer to the HIPAA process. You can do a search in this forum  on the process and follow the steps.  If it is a regular collection account and If the DV comes back verified and valid, then you may want to send out a PFD in writing. If they cannot do it, then send out another PFD. 

Aside from those, in the mean time you can work on maintaining a low utilization on your available revolving credit. and pay down the balances. But the main thing to brining your score is pushing hard for the PFD's, GW, and reinstatement of the 2 CC's. It will take a while and tenacity, but I think you can do it. Hope that helps and good luck! Keep us updated! 

AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I may try contacting both Citi & Cap to request the reinstatement since the accounts are still with the original creditors. Capital One in the past has been very adamant about me having to apply for a new card.

Thanks so much for the advice!!!! I probably expecting an unrealistic increase only one year after a repo.

Message Edited by origico on 01-02-2009 10:53 PM
Message 3 of 4
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Not a problem. Just stay persitent and patient. Honestly by the end of 09, a 620 + is definitely achievable for you regardless the repo seeing from your current scores.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.