cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! All remarks removed from Transunion Report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! All remarks removed from Transunion Report?

Today I got a Credit Karma alert saying that my credit score went down 40 points. I went to look at my report and the only things that changed were:

1) one collections account status was changed from open to “closed.”
2) it looks like someone went through and removed ALL the comments on each of my accounts. I literally had 23 CK notifications that “the following remarked were deleted from the notes on your account.”

Does anyone have any idea why this would happen? Why would a closed collections account cause my credit score to go DOWN? Why would all those remarks be removed from my accounts? Does anyone have any insight on this?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help! All remarks removed from Transunion Report?

This happened to my transunion on CK today as well. The closed remarks and settled for less remarks on my two charge offs we gone. All 12 closed accounts have the remarks removed. No change to my score on there though, not that I care about that one. I don't want my actual fico to take a hit as I worked hard to raise it.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel relieved that I’m not the only one this is happening to, but I’m nervous as to why it happened!!! I’m not super concerned about my score right now either but it would be nice to know why the score decreased so drastically!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im sure they will return at some point. I had all my inquiries removed before and they came back a day or two later. Im assuming it was just with the CK system. Not that I wouldnt mind those two paid charge off remarks removed. They dont show as a charge off anymore. Just a paid closed account like all my other paid off accounts.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another user and I figured out about four months ago that Open collection accounts count towards your AAoA in Vantagescore (they do not in Fico)

If that collection account was well aged, and was actually older than most of your good standing accounts, closing it removes it from AAoA calculations in VS 3.0 and can actually reduce your score significantly.

I found this out the hard way when I disputed a four year old collection and they changed the status to closed.  Instantly my AAoA dropped by six months and my score tanked 30 points.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That makes sense (and is kind of depressing...haha). Good to know it shouldn’t affect FICO!

Still unsure of why every remark was removed from all of my other accounts...
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.