cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!! CO questions and Rebuilding Advice Needed!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help!!! CO questions and Rebuilding Advice Needed!

As the title implies I need some info on whats the best solution for me. I just started a Lexington Law membership that I will be cancelling after reading more helpful information on here. They have sent of letters already so who knows what that will turn up. I have 4 accounts that are hindering me as of now.

One is a student State Farm credit card that was closed due to me being late for several months back in 2018. I have worked it out with them and they now report paid as agreed and I am making monthly payments on their website as if the account is open but it still closed. I still shows as negative though because of the 6-8 months of no or late payments. How can I go about getting this information removed. I have about $850 left to pay on this account.

The second account that shows as negative is for Affirm. It shows I had a 60 day late payments on my TransUnion credit report. I never meaningfully paid them late is the problem. I switched banks around this time and this account fell through the cracks and I didn't update the information. What adds insult to injury is that I was my last payment left to be made. As soon as I realized the account still wasn't paid off I called and got that last payment processed. I have tried disputing this before but they will not remove it.

The third account is a collection account from LVNV funding. I made an arrangement with them and am paying $474 a month and this month will be my last payment. From what I have seen it may be possible for me to get them to remove this account after I finish my last payment. The only kicker here is that I started this payment plan because they filed a lawsuit against me and I would rather just pay them then to have a public record added to my credit report. The payments are being handled through a law office and that's who I make my payments through. I can say that after each payment the account is updated on my credit report and reflects my payments. Do you think I can get them to remove this once I have made my last payment this month? The last account is where I think my biggest challenge will come....US Bank. I've read horror stories about dealing with them. They do not entertain PFD which is a bummer. I owe them 3400 dollars according to the report. The crazy thing is my credit limit was only 2k. and I may have been over it by ~$150 when I stopped paying. My APR on that card was 28% so I do not see how it has grown to be that much even with fees and interest. The date of first delinquency is listed as 4/2018 on Equifax but 6/2018 on TransUnion. Is this enough of a discrepancy for me to have this removed from my credit report? In addition with it being 3/2021 at the time of writing this, their ability to sue me for the amount is about to run out as my states SOL on credit cards is 3 years but I don't know if I should believe the 4/2018 or 6/2018 date. Actually now that I think about it I know why TransUnion states 6/2018. I made a payment but it was less then the minimum amount. It was for the last two months payments but I didn't include the current months to allow me time to save up to pay it as I was trying to catch up to the current payments. I think the minimum was like $450 and I paid my normal payments for two months which was like $220. That doesn't even reflect on my credit report. The charge off status started on 11/2018. If I made a payment in June could they legally start a charge off status in November?

Lastly, let me say I'm far better off now then I was when this happened. I was three years out of college but not working in my field. Now I am pretty well established and making just under six figures. I am looking to buy a car towards summer and I need to improve my credit before that happens. I do have three credit cards currently. Two secured ($300 & $200 limit) and one non-secured ($400 limit). I keep those collectively around %20 utilization  and have autopay setup on all of them. My current scores are Equifax 585, Transunion 604, and Experian 606. I want to get my score as close to the 700's as possible. What suggestions do you guys have.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help!!! CO questions and Rebuilding Advice Needed!

@Anonymous wrote:

As the title implies I need some info on whats the best solution for me. I just started a Lexington Law membership that I will be cancelling after reading more helpful information on here. They have sent of letters already so who knows what that will turn up. I have 4 accounts that are hindering me as of now.

One is a student State Farm credit card that was closed due to me being late for several months back in 2018. I have worked it out with them and they now report paid as agreed and I am making monthly payments on their website as if the account is open but it still closed. I still shows as negative though because of the 6-8 months of no or late payments. How can I go about getting this information removed. I have about $850 left to pay on this account. Once its paid off you would want to request a goodwill removal of the lates from the reporting creditor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

The second account that shows as negative is for Affirm. It shows I had a 60 day late payments on my TransUnion credit report. I never meaningfully paid them late is the problem. I switched banks around this time and this account fell through the cracks and I didn't update the information. What adds insult to injury is that I was my last payment left to be made. As soon as I realized the account still wasn't paid off I called and got that last payment processed. I have tried disputing this before but they will not remove it. Same thing as above the goodwill request

The third account is a collection account from LVNV funding. I made an arrangement with them and am paying $474 a month and this month will be my last payment. From what I have seen it may be possible for me to get them to remove this account after I finish my last payment. The only kicker here is that I started this payment plan because they filed a lawsuit against me and I would rather just pay them then to have a public record added to my credit report. The payments are being handled through a law office and that's who I make my payments through. I can say that after each payment the account is updated on my credit report and reflects my payments. Do you think I can get them to remove this once I have made my last payment this month? LVNV has a stated removal policy on their website you need to check and see if you will meet the requirements for it, if you do ask them for the deletion once its PIF

The last account is where I think my biggest challenge will come....US Bank. I've read horror stories about dealing with them. They do not entertain PFD which is a bummer. I owe them 3400 dollars according to the report. The crazy thing is my credit limit was only 2k. and I may have been over it by ~$150 when I stopped paying. My APR on that card was 28% so I do not see how it has grown to be that much even with fees and interest. The date of first delinquency is listed as 4/2018 on Equifax but 6/2018 on TransUnion. Is this enough of a discrepancy for me to have this removed from my credit report? No, they only have to update to the correct info not remove it

In addition with it being 3/2021 at the time of writing this, their ability to sue me for the amount is about to run out as my states SOL on credit cards is 3 years but I don't know if I should believe the 4/2018 or 6/2018 date. Actually now that I think about it I know why TransUnion states 6/2018. I made a payment but it was less then the minimum amount. It was for the last two months payments but I didn't include the current months to allow me time to save up to pay it as I was trying to catch up to the current payments. I think the minimum was like $450 and I paid my normal payments for two months which was like $220. That doesn't even reflect on my credit report. The charge off status started on 11/2018. If I made a payment in June could they legally start a charge off status in November? CO is just an accounting maneuver and its typically done 4-6 months after the DoFD, technically they could go straight to a CO on a missed payment and that too would be legal. Once this passes the SOL that is the time to settle with them as they are most likely updating monthly and that is keeping your Fico depressed.

Lastly, let me say I'm far better off now then I was when this happened. I was three years out of college but not working in my field. Now I am pretty well established and making just under six figures. I am looking to buy a car towards summer and I need to improve my credit before that happens. I do have three credit cards currently. Two secured ($300 & $200 limit) and one non-secured ($400 limit). I keep those collectively around %20 utilization  and have autopay setup on all of them. My current scores are Equifax 585, Transunion 604, and Experian 606. I want to get my score as close to the 700's as possible. What suggestions do you guys have. As far as autopay you need to verify every month that it has gone through I read stories on these boards all the time of failed autopays and subsequent lates being reported. I would set autopay for 1 week prior to due date so you have time to react should it fail for some reason. You can do AZEO if you want but its not really necessary until you are ready to app for credit.

Welcome to myFico!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.