Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Help! Can't even get secured card

Have you tried Capital One?
Message 11 of 13
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Try some local credit unions.  Call and ask if they have a secured, approval requirements etc.  You may have a source right in your back yard.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 12 of 13
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So my credit is in the toilet.   It wasn't that way a couple years ago.   We brought family into our home to help them out, but they stayed longer than expected.  During that time we began to struggle financially, and now it's completely ruined our credit so we have to start over.   I just found out that my last CC was cancelled in June even though I've been in contact with the issuer to let them know of our difficulties, paid what I could even though it wasn't the minimum and had plans to get caught up in the very near future.  So now I have nothing and can't even qualify for a secured card.   I will soon have the money to pay everything off, but that leaves me without a CC which I need in the next couple of months for travel.   Any suggestions?

Once you pay off your cards and its updated on your credit reports. You will be able to secured cards. You can also see if your creditors will reinstate your account upon payment.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.