Did you mean: 

Help Credit Score is 352! What to do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help Credit Score is 352! What to do?

Long time follower, fourth time post

Hello Fico Family,

I can not imagine where to began explaining my credit situation. I have currently 9 negative accounts on my CR. Im sad to say that as of 10/22/2011 my CS is at a all time low of 352. My goal is to get a condo and get my score back to 750 before I had my son.

Please Fico members tell me where to began to rebuild my credit.

Capital one-$1,014 charge off
Comcast-$98 collections
Paypal-$452 closed
Lvnv funding (it's also says paypal) $452 collections
Macys-$504 charge off
Golden1-$996 charge off
Us dept education-$786 collections
Wells Fargo (student loan)-$937 filed claim w/govt.
Student loan -paid,closed.

please help!

Thank you,
Monica

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Help Credit Score is 352! What to do?

Monica

Where did you purchase this score from?? Because FICO starts at 350, and I have never seen anyone that low in my life.. and judging by your listings, you are on par with alot of people here when they start..

There are many. many places you can buy your credit score, but most of them are not real FICO scores..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's exactly what I was thinking. Doesn't the score start at 350 that's why I was so devastated.  I actually received the score after trying to get Sprint phone carrier then was asked for a $400 deposit. Then after,  they sent me a letter saying my CS was at 352.  

Message 3 of 11
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

Do you have any open and current tradelines?

I'd at least buy one of the reports and scores from myFICO ( EQ or TU)

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 11
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinking. Doesn't the score start at 350 that's why I was so devastated.  I actually received the score after trying to get Sprint phone carrier then was asked for a $400 deposit. Then after,  they sent me a letter saying my CS was at 352.  

Yeah-- I am not so sure that is accurate.. First off, there are 3 scores.. so, they all are probably different..

you buy your Fico score from here, for both Transunion and Equifiax.. I would suggest buying one of them right away to see what you are really dealing with, because FICO scores are what almost all lenders use for mortgage, car loans, ect ect.. Its a little pricey at 19.95 but it would be a solid starting investment..

-scott

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scott,

Thank you so much for your help but I will definitely take your advice and purchase the Fico score. The only problem is not having a debit or credit card. So once I figure that problem out then I will delete this tomorrow and repost with the accurate scores. 

thanks again scott! ")

Message 6 of 11
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

I had no open active tradelines, a Repo, 17 collection accounts, a tax lien and a judgment and mine was 498 when I started haha

-scott

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

WHOA! lol

Message 8 of 11
Booner72
Senior Contributor

You can go to Walmart and put cash on a Visa and then you can get your score.  I'd get Scorewatch which is 15 bucks a month so you can see your score changes as you rebuild, also if you need to buy more reports you get a 30% discount.  You can also get a credit monitoring service that allows you to pull your reports so you know what is going on.  However, it sounds like money is tight, so do what you can - at least get started by knowing one of your scores.

I had a BK, judgment, 17 collections, a vehicle account listed as included in Bankruptcy and had many lates reporting, and a student loan with 2 90 day lates reporting, and my scores were in the upper 500's.

I don't think your score is that low.  But regardless, you need to get to work rebuilding!

Good Luck!!!!!!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 9 of 11
aot2009
Regular Contributor

I'd save all of your money because your score right now is moot. Ultimately you need to not yet worry about your score and just focus on cleaning up your credit first since your score is most likely still too low to worry about.

Your primary goal should be to start disputes and PFD 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.