Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! DV or Dispute?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! DV or Dispute?

Hi,

I'm working with DW on cleaning up some of her old paid off credit accounts. 18 months ago or so, we paid off around $200 from Victoria Secret that was 180 days late. Did it over the phone, guy we spoke to said if we paid in full, he would delete. Anyway, we paid, it wasn't deleted, so after reading this forum, we sent a GW letter and got back this.

"After reviewing our records, we are unable to provide you with your original application, sales receipts or historical statements as this information is no longer available or has already been provided to you....We believe the information we are reporting is accurate. Any information that is correctly reported, will not be changed."

It also says at the end, "Please include your account number with all correspondence." which indicated to us, they don't have it on file.

Considering we have already sent a goodwill, acknowledging it was a financial hardship and move across the country that led to this going delinquent, is this a case of DV or dispute?

Please help! We don't know what to do next.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help! DV or Dispute?

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi,

I'm working with DW on cleaning up some of her old paid off credit accounts. 18 months ago or so, we paid off around $200 from Victoria Secret that was 180 days late. Did it over the phone, guy we spoke to said if we paid in full, he would delete. Anyway, we paid, it wasn't deleted, so after reading this forum, we sent a GW letter and got back this.

"After reviewing our records, we are unable to provide you with your original application, sales receipts or historical statements as this information is no longer available or has already been provided to you....We believe the information we are reporting is accurate. Any information that is correctly reported, will not be changed."

It also says at the end, "Please include your account number with all correspondence." which indicated to us, they don't have it on file.

Considering we have already sent a goodwill, acknowledging it was a financial hardship and move across the country that led to this going delinquent, is this a case of DV or dispute?

Please help! We don't know what to do next.

I was looking through these boards to find the exact same answer dealing with the exact same company. I acknowledged the debt by sending the GW letter and they replied with the same letter posted above. so if I dispute, can they use that letter to uphold it? or since they don't have any of my info, will it be deleted? Anyone have an answer for us??
Message 2 of 3
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help! DV or Dispute?

You don't DV an OC. I don't suggest disputing accurate data either. If there are some inaccuracies involved with the transaction, then dispute, otherwise GW to someone else in the company.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.