Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Determining Correct DOFD

tag
adamseve
Established Contributor

Help Determining Correct DOFD

Hi there,

Wamu finally responded to my OC investigation and mailed me detailed statements.  They've got my DOFD as the date of filing of my Ch7 BK which was 9/04.  However, after reviewing the statements it shows the 1st time I was late and stayed late until we filed BK was 8/03.

I knew I had become delinquent prior to the BK but I needed hard copies to prove it because I don't have my own.  Just last week I disputed the DOFD on all of my IIB accounts because after reviewing my prior CRs I noticed that DOFD was at least a year off on all of them. 

From everything I've read in the FCRA regarding delinquent accounts & the FTC Opinion letter regading this I believe that I'm correct.  The late payments are what brought on the filing of the BK not the other way around so as soon as I became delinquent & never caught up that we the commencement date.  Am I correct or are they correct?

If I'm correct, should I:

(1) send Wamu a letter indicating that they've falsely reported this tradeline on numerous occasions with the wrong DOFD and demand deletion.

or

(2) should I simply ask them to correct it?

Thanks for the advice and guidance.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help Determining Correct DOFD

@adamseve wrote:
Hi there,

If I'm correct, should I:

(1) send Wamu a letter indicating that they've falsely reported this tradeline on numerous occasions with the wrong DOFD and demand deletion.

or

(2) should I simply ask them to correct it?

Thanks for the advice and guidance.

Well, I tend towards being nice (I'm even nice to CAs as long as they're nice to me!), so I'd ask them nicely FIRST. I'd use verbiage such as "honest mistake" or "sincere oversight" and ask them to please report the TL accurately.

I might even go so far as to ask nicely TWICE. If they still refuse to fix the mistake, they're no longer making an honest mistake, they're being ignorant and unethical.

THEN I'd pull out the whupp-arse. And then some.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.