Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Equifax..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! Equifax..

I rec'd a letter from a creditor where I did a settle in full and they agreed to delete the account from my reports. I am in the middle of trying to purchase a car and that is holding me back. Is there a number I can call or someone to talk to directly at Equifax for me to send this letter so that it can be removed right away? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help! Equifax..

@Anonymous wrote:

I rec'd a letter from a creditor where I did a settle in full and they agreed to delete the account from my reports. I am in the middle of trying to purchase a car and that is holding me back. Is there a number I can call or someone to talk to directly at Equifax for me to send this letter so that it can be removed right away? 

Do not send that letter to any CRA, CRA policy is against PFDs and this may hurt the next person trying to get one. Typically it takes 60-90 days for it to dsappear from your CRs as they first update to paid then in next update remove it. If you call anyone it should be the entity that granted the PFD and see if there is something they can do for you on expediting it.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read that somewhere and asked for 2 separate letters. They were very kind to do as I asked since it was only for $60. One that does state the account was paid in full and another generic letter just stating that they agreed to to delete the account from my file due to errors. Would that be better if it were a letter that did not reference the PFD? 

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I read that somewhere and asked for 2 separate letters. They were very kind to do as I asked since it was only for $60. One that does state the account was paid in full and another generic letter just stating that they agreed to to delete the account from my file due to errors. Would that be better if it were a letter that did not reference the PFD? 

If the letter states errors is the reason and not a PFD then you could make a copy of that letter and send it to the CRA asking that it be deleted.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.