Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Judgement!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help Judgement!

I am on my process of getting my credit back in order, I actually got positive news today that one of my Fico Scores went up 22 points after something I disputed was removed. Here is the problem. I have three Capital One Accounts from 2001 and 2002. Two of them have judgements on them one from 2002 and one from 2004 and they are all listed on my credit report under collection agencies. Therefore these same accounts are listed on my report eight times even though there are 3 accounts. Today I came home and in the mail I get a letter from one of the collection agencies with a request for default judgement. However I never got anything to appear in court. I never received a summons. Dont they need to serve me in order to get a default judgement and have proof that they did? This notice is dated 5/30. Is there anything I can do? I do not do not do not want a 2008 judgement on my credit report especially since this account is right around the corner from coming off of my report! Is there something I can file with the court to stop this as being entered into a judgement? Help! If this ends up on my credit report this will dramatically make my score go down and I was doing so well with it going back up again.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Help Judgement!

Could you post a little more informaton from your CR concerning these accounts?  I am having a hard time visualizing this.  As far as I know judgments are listed under public records.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help Judgement!

I am new at this  I am not sure what additional information I should list.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.