Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed ! 108 pt drop!

tag
Cynthia1123
Contributor

Help Needed ! 108 pt drop!

Hello,

I have a situation that's frustrating and confusing to me, here it goes.

I withdrew from school in June and was told by the rep in financial aid that my school loan would be cancelled with the school since I left, this loan is through them not dept of educ or any other company.They said that they would notify Tuition Options which is their finacing company to close it out, I called two weeks ago because I received an email from TO saying it was still open and my school rep said that no infact it was already closed so I thought nothing more of it.

I get a notification from my credit monitoring service that my score dropped 108 pts because tuition options had reported a delinquent acct, wth?, so I call my schoola and she tells me again that she sent the request, as it turns out Tuition Options never received the fax. So long story short TO sent a notification to TU for deletion, this was last week, I called them on monday and TU already deleted it.

My question is, how long before those points get added back on to my score? Did I lose them since the inquiry happened or do they infact get put back in? Does it take a while?

What do I do.

Hope to hear from you huys soon, I am soo depressed, I've worked so hard.

Cynthia

My Fico Score :554 (07/26/13)
Goal:720

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Help Needed ! 108 pt drop!

Since fico has no memory, your deletion should increase points, even though you may/may not get it all back at once.

Message 2 of 6
Cynthia1123
Contributor

bump

Message 3 of 6
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

Since fico has no memory, your deletion should increase points, even though you may/may not get it all back at once.

^ Exactly what she said, no need to bump, be patient. You have also now learned a valuable lesson, dont trust someone else to do your work. I know she said its taken care of, but you should have asked for a copy of the letter and confirmed TO recieved the letter as well.

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 4 of 6
Startome
Regular Contributor

No worries, with time all the points will recover from this situation =)

Current: EQ FICO 0, TU FICO 0, EX FICO 0 | Starting Score: 0 (08/21/2013)

Starting total revolving credit: $0 | Current total revolving credit: $1600.00

Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 3-4 TU Unsure EX Unsure | Most Recent: 8/19/2013

2013 Goals:
1,000.00 Emergency Fund
1,000.00 Emergency Fund, AGAIN
Mechanically Sound Car
Unsecured Card

Fifth Third $300
U.S. Bank Harley Davidson $300
Capital One Platinum $500
2nd Capital One Platinum $500

Message 5 of 6
Cynthia1123
Contributor

Thanks guys, points reinstated. . :-)

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.