Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Rebuilding Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help Rebuilding Credit

FAKO scores don't matter, so don't try to guess why they change.

Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wish I had enough info to generate a FICO score. Lol.
Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update for today:

So, I called Holloway Credit and paid the $77 and $74 to have them removed from my credit report. Also, I called Medical Data Services and paid the $815 in full. They said they would mark it PAID IN FULL, but that they do not delete the items. I will try some GW letters in a month or so to try and get it taken off. So, the only things still lingering as negative are the Credit One Bank charge off, and the Marks & Morgan charge off. How should I handle the M&M? I paid the bill in full to C&E Acquisitions a few years ago, and they removed their tradeline, but Marks & Morgan is still showing it as Charged Off with a balance of $0, Sold to CA. I disputed this back in 2015 to try and have it removed, but it just caused them to update for Nov. 2015. The DOFD is Oct. 2011, so it's set to come off next year, but I'd like it removed now. What steps should I take in getting that removed? I've tried calling M&M, but I can't get past their automated system because I don't have an account number or anything with them. Also, on the Credit One Bank, I emailed the CEO trying to work something out for that charge off.

Message 13 of 30
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

You are going in the right direction. The hardest part is being patient.

To get your actual FICO score - go to Experian $1 trial and get all your reports. You can also get your actual report(s) depending which product you chose from myfico, too. 

This gives you a basis to know how you are growing. CK is good info for quickly seeing what's being reported, but their scores are not accurate and the cards they recommend is marketing. YMMV there!

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SomewhereIn505 wrote:

To get your actual FICO score - go to Experian $1 trial and get all your reports. You can also get your actual report(s) depending which product you chose from myfico, too. 

This gives you a basis to know how you are growing. CK is good info for quickly seeing what's being reported, but their scores are not accurate and the cards they recommend is marketing. YMMV there!

I've tried going to places and getting my FICO score, but it tells me it can't calculate them due to my credit report being too thin. Not enough open accounts, etc. Believe me, I'd love to know what my true score was.

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@SomewhereIn505 wrote:

I've tried going to places and getting my FICO score, but it tells me it can't calculate them due to my credit report being too thin. Not enough open accounts, etc. Believe me, I'd love to know what my true score was.

Once your oldest account is 6 months old, FICO can calculate a score.

Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea, I currently don’t have any accounts that are “open”. I will have the Discover secured, Capital One Secured, and the Alliant SSL opening in the next week or so. Waiting on the cards to come in the mail, and waiting for the $500 to post to Alliant. I’m hoping just by having those cards and that SSL, my credit score can come up somewhere around 650 or so. Fingers crossed.
Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some more great news today. I emailed the CEO of Credit One about deleting my charge off with them. I received a response the same day saying they would look into it. Well, today I looked at credit karma and saw that it had been removed from my credit reports. That jumped my Transunion score up 37 points to 613 on CK. Equifax on CK didn’t change at all, and I know it’s not a big deal. Lol. Hopefully once the 2 Secured cards and the SSL loan will start reporting in the next few weeks and I’ll see a substantial jump. Just wanted to thank y’all for the responses and the valuable information.
Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

CK isn't a good place to know how your useful FICO scores change because CK is clueless when it comes to being close to FICO.  Here is a glance at my FICO versus CK (VantageScore) comparison over time, and as you can see, as I deleted derogatories and lates and chargeoffs, the scores sometimes moved in opposite directions.

vantage-vs-fico8.png

So sometimes when VantageScore (CK) moves up, FICO went down below an approval line for cards.  When FICO went up, VantageScore (CK) went down telling me I might not be approved for a card.

Credit Karma is fine for simple reviewing of your accounts but don't trust CK/Vantage Score for anything before an application.  Pull your FICO scores using the CCT $1 trial and immediately call to cancel the trial.

Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

So today I received an email stating my Capital One Secured card was being mailed out and I should have it by the 20th. Still waiting on my Discover Secured card also. In the meantime, I've opened the Alliant SSL, made a lump sum payment of $450, bringing the balance to $50, with a scheduled auto pay for 10/17/17, which should bring me to around $40. I noticed it said they report towards the end of the month, so hopefully I'll start seeing some progress. Also, is it hard to get approved for the Citi Secured card? I applied the same time as I applied for the Discover and Capital One cards, but I just checked my status, and it said not approved. 

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.