Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Something strange happened to my credit score

tag
jcknight007
Valued Member

Help! Something strange happened to my credit score

I started the dispute process about a month ago. I use Chase ID to monitor. Today, I pulled a CR and my EQ score was 800. Yes, 800. Up from 587 yesterday. WTF?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help! Something strange happened to my credit score

Where'd you get that score? CIDP or myfico?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
jcknight007
Valued Member

CIDP
Message 3 of 7
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I don't know if you have read Credit Scoring 101 yet. It will explain the difference between FICO and FAKO.

While that's a huge increase, it doesn't mean that the FICO increase will be that large. If you want to know what scores the lenders are looking at, you have to pull your three FICOs from here.

Message 4 of 7
jcknight007
Valued Member

Yeah, I know the difference, but why the big change? I know there are baddies on TU and EX. Is it because they are in dispute and will pop up later?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

jcknight007 wrote:
Yeah, I know the difference, but why the big change? I know there are baddies on TU and EX. Is it because they are in dispute and will pop up later?

With FAKO scores it is really hard to determine why the score changed, as there is no rhyme or reason to them. Sometimes I think they change with the weather.

I've had mine increase and decrease within days when there are no changes.

Message 6 of 7
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

JC, I am with Sidewinder on this. There is no rhyme or reason to the change in FAKOs. I have seen my FAKOs go down significantly to an action, only to see my FICOs go up to the same action. I truly hope that this is one of those coincidences where they somehow jive and you get a huge FICO increase.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.