Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Suddenly Judgement Letter from Atty

tag
wa3more
Established Contributor

Re: Help! 13 year Judgement Letter from Attorney

How much money is involved ?

You can try to have the judgment vacated due to improper service based on the fact that you just found out. In NY , i think there is a 1 year time frame to do this but am not sure if it is from the date filed or the date that you become aware of the judgment.

Message 11 of 14
NY2014
Established Contributor

Re: Help! Suddenly Judgement Letter from Atty

$7k interest 14 yrs I just got postal mail Tuesday .found the case last night . Not happy . I rather spend $10k to fight them rather pay them .totally a unethical move ! I' apologies if I sound a little angry . I started this journey al most 8 months ago. No debt one credit card
Fico Score 10/6 EQ 702,16 INQ,TU 740, 9,iNQ EX 705,21 INQ,13%UTIL-
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 12 of 14
NY2014
Established Contributor

Thanks again for advise I just need to understand my rights and time frame limited
I don't sleep much just reading reading reading . And still half don't make sense
Fico Score 10/6 EQ 702,16 INQ,TU 740, 9,iNQ EX 705,21 INQ,13%UTIL-
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 13 of 14
wa3more
Established Contributor

I would try to have it vacated due to improper service.

Tell the court you just found out about this. It's worth a shot.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.