Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help ! Wells Fargo Debt - 1099C and Playing Dumb

Coolio ! I am looking into it now. 

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im sorry if you already mentioned but have you spoke to someone from the collections department? I was in a similar situation you are last year with wells fargo. Repo collection balance of $4000 and with it continually reporting. I called with small hopes of some kind of payment arrangement and came to terms of just dealing with it. The rep i spoke to said the sol had passed and there was no reason to pay. He updated the balance owed to zero over the phone and warned me a 1099c will come....which it did. So long story short, the balance went to zero and reported well before i saw the 1099c.
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the phone call mentioned was with the collections dept. that’s how I found out the 1099 was sent to the wrong address, when I asked they said I would have to dispute with the CBs, why I’m not sure. That’s why they took my address to mail the 1099 which I received about 2 weeks later. Guess it never hurts to try again ....... maybe I’ll call them today.
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditors typically send 1099-C at the same time, not exactly when the cancellation happens. Meaning a debt settled or cancelled this year will have a 1099-c come sometime after 1/1/2019.
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I am aware of that. Initially when they sent it I had never received it because they had an address from when I first got the WF account. Thanks 

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

the 1099 is for the 2016 tax year which should have been filed after 01/01/2017

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

So this was sent to irs last month year ?. if that is case, you would need to file amended return to use form 982 to claim insolvency if you were 

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, sorry if I was unclear in the orig post. The 1099 was suppose to be filed for 2016 tax year. I have NOT filed 2016 taxes at all as of yet due to I want to have them reviewed by a professional before filing and filing the form as well.  2016 taxes including the 1099-C have not yet been filed. I will be doing this in the next month or so. 

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. Got it

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.