cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! What do I do? New to this.

Xposed719

Help! What do I do? New to this.

So I have 11 Collections that need attention asap! I have some free money and I want to tackle these. Do I pay in full, pfd, or settle? Any recommendations as to where to start would be greatly appeciated. Do I start the with the lowest amount? The highest amount? Most recent? 

All accounts are past statue of limitations except for Accounts Receivable. 

Here is the list: 

Calvary Portfolio Services -$6,937
Acct Corp of Southern Nevada- $1160
Debt Recovery Collections- $1115
Aargon Collections- $690
TekCollect Collections- $616
PlusFour- $404/ $436
Accounts Receivable Collections- $194
ERC- $108
Medicredit- $163/$253
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Super Contributor

Re: Help! What do I do? New to this.

I'd do everything possible to negociate with them to pay for delete. Either way a paid collection looks a whole lot better than not paid at all. Good Luck!

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 2 of 3
BrandonLane
Established Contributor

Re: Help! What do I do? New to this.

ERC is a tough one. They REFUSED to remove my collection before or after I PIF. I had to dispute through CB's RELENTLESSLY. You just have to start and fight tooth and nail. Don't get discouraged when you get rejected the first time - IT WILL HAPPEN. I'd first try to negotiate NICELY with the collectors directly and if that fails then move to CB's. Best wishes! 

Started 6/6/2018 EX - 588 ; EQ - 667 ; TU 575

Updated 12/2018

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.