Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help With Auto Loan Dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help With Auto Loan Dispute

Okay I had a few setbacks (who hasn't), so I'm working on rebuilding my credit again. I had 10-12 accounts that where either closed with a balance owed, or in collections. Also, my student loan where over 120 days late so my score had dropped to the low 500s. Well, now I'm down to 3 cc's in collections, student loan payment is current (They removed all 6 out of the 8 red d's for late payments, Yay!) But I have a auto loan on my report, balance is close to $9,000 that I want removed. I contacted Hyuandai Financial to see if they had a website that could be accessed so that I could make small payments until the balance is paid in full and they told me that they no longer had the collections account, and gave me the name and number of the company who now had the account. I contacted the company and they said that they no longer have the account, that they sent it back to HF, so I want to dispute with the 3 agencies, I just don't know what reason I should give them for disputing? Please help!

Thank you
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Help With Auto Loan Dispute

A dispute pertains to assertion of inaccuracy in some item of information reported under the account.

You must, in your dispute, identify the inaccuracy, and provide an explanation of why you consider it to be inaccurate.

Only you can determine, based on your review of the account, whether there are any inaccuracies, and if so, the reason for your assertion.

If you determine an inaccuracy, resolution of the dispute only applies to the verification of the accuracy of the information as reported, correction of the asserted inaccuracy, or if neither can be done, deletion of that specific information until it can be verified or corrected.

Finding an inaccuracy, for example, in the current reported debt balance will not require deletion of any other accurate reporting, or of the entire account.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help With Auto Loan Dispute

I didn't think of it before, so maybe disputing the balance owed will cause it to be deleted. Thank you for responding to my post. I'm just use to having a valid reason to dispute.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.