Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help and advise needed - Portfolio Recovery

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help and advise needed - Portfolio Recovery

I went through a divorce in 2010 which resulted in two capital one charge offs. Portfolio Recovery purchased the larger of these accounts in 1/2014, the amount reporting as due is $902. I didn't establish new positive credit for about two years. I now have two years re-established credit and have seen my scores inch up little by little. In July I had a mid score of around 635 and have been considering purchasing a home. I hired Lexington Law Firm to help me increase my scores further. They contacted Portfolio Recovery and in response PR reported as a key derogatory on all three bureaus in July and my scores fell 55 points in 1 month. I now have no ability to qualify for a mortgage. I have no idea where to go from here. Any help or advise is appreciated. I do have the funds to pay it in full but don't see the benefit if it won't improve my score and resets the last transaction date.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help and advise needed - Portfolio Recovery

you might want to visit the rebuilding forum......there are lots of good ideas down there  

Starting: TU:515, EX:521, EQ:528
Current: TU:700 EX:706 EQ:674
FICO Goal: 725
Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 2 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Moved to rebuilding forum

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 5
Amleigh
Regular Contributor

I managed to get three Portfolio Recovery Accounts deleted by filing a complaint with the BBB stating that they did not properly validate the accounts. I first went through their Ombudsman who is supposed to be an advocate for the consumer that is listed on their website, but didn't get any results. Hope this helps, and good luck! Portfolio Recovery can definitely be a pain to deal with.

Starting Score: 467 EQ 514 TU 583 EX
Current Score: 531 EQ 567 TU 601 EX
Goal Score: EQ 742 TU 742 EX 742

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Amleigh. I will give that a shot.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.