Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help...came back verified...now what???

tag
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

Help...came back verified...now what???

I disputed a judgement on my credit report and it came back verified.  Now what, I read on here that you could then send a letter to the reporting agencies requiring a method of verification?  Is this correct?  How do I proceed?  Does anyone have a sample letter for verifing the verification process for judgements?

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help...came back verified...now what???

I got this from a post written by RobertEG:

There is a procedure under the FCRA for a consumer to request the CRA to disclose the procedure for verification.  It is set forth in FCRA 611(a)(6)(B)(iii)  and FCRA 611(a)(7).

Sample letter:

This is a request under FCRA 611(a)(7) for a description of the procedure used by you in providing all information to the creditor associated with my earlier dispute under FCRA 611(a) filed with on (date/identification of the dispute).

More specifically, under the provisions of FCRA 611(a)(2)(B), you were required to have forwarded all relevant information provided by you to the creditor for their investigation of my dispute.  I request identification of any information that you choose not to forward to the creditor, and whether you used the automated E-Oscar process.

Response to this request is required, under FCRA 611(a)(7), within 15 days of this request.

------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps! 

This is not specifically for "judgments" but just a sample Method of Verification letter. 

Message 2 of 3
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help...came back verified...now what???

discerment: THANKS SO MUCH for the reply and information! 

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.