cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help-can someone please tell me if a CC can be reporting as Opened AND Closed??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help-can someone please tell me if a CC can be reporting as Opened AND Closed??

Hello everyone. Looking for some insight here. I have a Equifax report pulled on the 23rd of this month. I just now noticed that Chase is reporting a CC in both opened accounts and closed accounts. I double checked account numbers and its the same. Can they do this?? The CC is active and in good standing  except for a 30 day late in Aug of 2006. From the looks of it Chase is reporting to Experian that it is open and current under " closed accounts" and open and current under "opened accounts". Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Help-can someone please tell me if a CC can be reporting as Opened AND Closed??

Call Chase.  It is either open or closed.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help-can someone please tell me if a CC can be reporting as Opened AND Closed??

I use the card reguarly- used it the other day in fact. Im just wondering if this is something they are allowed to do or if I can send them a letter asking them to stop reporting it as closed because as I said I use the card all the time(keeping balance low of course) Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent Chase a message through my message center on Chase.com regarding this. Someone wrote back and said they are fowarding the message to another department and should hear something within a day. Lets see what they have to say ;0

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.