Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help for my sister

tag
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

Help for my sister

My fico has helped me get my act together enough to buy a house in Sept 2013 (thank you!), now my sister is trying to do the same thing this year. However, she received a call today from a 'firm' stating they filed a suit against her for a 13+ year old credit card (well outside the SOL in PA) for 10K, original default amount 2K. They claimed they sent her something over 45 days ago and that she should receive a court notice within 2 days. I didn't have to deal with this during my clean up so I don't know what to tell her. 

Please help. 

Thanks in advance.

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: Help for my sister

Scare tactic. that's all.
Message 2 of 4
TeamSNS
Established Member

Yup, this happened to me too.  I had an account well over the SOL here in CA, and i got a call from a so called firm as well.  They talked to my wife and said if i dont call back I will be served immediately.  Well this phone call was 3 months ago.  I also googled the phone number that called and it turns out this "firm in Las Vegas is notorious for making these calls to scare people.

I would look up the phone number that came through and do some research on who is actually calling.  But to me, sounds like they are just trying to scare your sister, especially if its way beyond the SOL.

Message 3 of 4
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Do nothing until written communication is received. Get a Magic Jack number and use it to communicate with family and friends and drop the other phone number. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.