Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me delete and with GW letters please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help me delete and with GW letters please

Hello I have been reading on here for about the past week or 2 and gathered so much helpful info. Thank you very much for making this free and being so helpful. Most people I talk to, do not help and ask for thousands of dollars. I had some questions and hope you can help.

My credit score is around 540-560(depending which CR you look at). Reason is I was due to being a poor college student, being laid off, etc etc. Aside from excuses, I had about 4 derogatory remarks.

1) One was with Citibank, they closed the account and handed it to collections. Collections does not show on my report, Citibank shows as Charge off and ACCOUNT CLOSED AT CREDIT GRANTOR'S REQUEST. I owed about over $2k. I made monthly payments to collections and paid off $2k as one huge payment. My payoff letter is in the mail right now.

2) Capital one, this shows as being late over 60 days in 03/07.

3) HSBC went to collections and shows as Collection, PURCHASED BY ANOTHER LENDER. This was purchased by LVNV, who I also paid $2k and paid off my whole account. I have my payoff letter to prove I owe 0.

4) Chase account past 30 days late. I do NOT have a Chase account. This is in my brothers social security number and name. For some reason ONLY Experian( I HATE THIS COMPANY!) shows this on my report. For some reason his name and social ALSO appears on my report. WTF?

5) Diversified Adj, this also belongs to my brother. Sprint screwed up and have his account under my social but in his name. WTF? I have a Sprint account and it is up to date and never been late. I have opened this with Sprint Fraud dept and sending them an affidavit tomorrow. I never knew about this, till my credit report was pulled. They never notified me they were placing this on my report. Are they in violation of Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act of 2003 section 623(A)(7)?

6) Americas Servicing, states foreclosure initiated since I was 90 days late in 08/06. I paid them and paid off the loan in full back in 06.

7) Banco Popular I had a personal loan which was over 120 days late, they put paid chgoff PAID PROFIT AND LOSS on my report. I also paid this off with $2k.

8) Wamu was 30 days late in 03/07.

Now I only have 2 credit cards open, one is the Wamnu(number 8 above) with a credit limit of 250 and has not been used for a while. I recently charged $50 to bring up my credit. The second is the Capital One in number 2, my limit is 8k and I have 2500 up to date debt right now. I have been paying 500 a month on it for past few months.

Lastly I have an account with Sallie Mae for 17k which is student loan and have never missed a payment in 3 years on it. So I made those lump sum payments, but my credit score has not gone up! Barely... It has been in the mid 530 to 560 range. How can I get the score up? Also I was sending dispute letters to all 3 CRs for all things that have been paid and not updated on my report. They only provide PO box, so I cannot send it certified. Unless someone here has their addresses? Also to all other ones, I was sending GW letters, hoping they remove it.

Any thing else I should do? I really need to fix this ASAP to get my own place end of this month. Also can anyone furnish me addresses to all above companies so I can send CM to them? I can only find PO boxes. Also I read someone said to call them and Capital one to try GW over the phone. I will mail letters and try my luck over the phone too. Sorry for long post and thanks in advance.

Message Edited by Sushi on 05-11-2008 08:13 PM

Message Edited by Sushi on 05-11-2008 08:17 PM
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help me delete and with GW letters please

Your scores are low because of the COs!!!!!

1) One was with Citibank, they closed the account and handed it to collections. Collections does not show on my report, Citibank shows as Charge off and ACCOUNT CLOSED AT CREDIT GRANTOR'S REQUEST. I owed about over $2k. I made monthly payments to collections and paid off $2k as one huge payment. My payoff letter is in the mail right now.

It does not need to say collections!!  CO is the wording and it is reporting correct.
      All you can do is send GW letters.  The payoff letters will not get it deleted!

Doesn't matter if collections are paid or unpaid  FICO  scores are the same!

2) Capital one, this shows as being late over 60 days in 03/07.
                            Cap1 is hard to deal with   try GW letters

3) HSBC went to collections and shows as Collection, PURCHASED BY ANOTHER LENDER. This was purchased by LVNV, who I also paid $2k and paid off my whole account. I have my payoff letter to prove I owe 0.
                              Like the others it is a CO     send GW to both OC and CA  Thats all you can do.

) Chase account past 30 days late. I do NOT have a Chase account. This is in my brothers social security number and name. For some reason ONLY Experian( I HATE THIS COMPANY!) shows this on my report. For some reason his name and social ALSO appears on my report. WTF?
                               File a dispute with EX....*not mine*   at the same time send Chase a letter telling them that the name and account is not yours.

) Diversified Adj, this also belongs to my brother. Sprint screwed up and have his account under my social but in his name. WTF? I have a Sprint account and it is up to date and never been late. I have opened this with Sprint Fraud dept and sending them an affidavit tomorrow. I never knew about this, till my credit report was pulled. They never notified me they were placing this on my report. Are they in violation of Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act of 2003 section 623(A)(7)?
                                   No violation!    File a dispute  *not mine*

6) Americas Servicing, states foreclosure initiated since I was 90 days late in 08/06. I paid them and paid off the loan in full back in 06.
                                     send a GW

7) Banco Popular I had a personal loan which was over 120 days late, they put paid chgoff PAID PROFIT AND LOSS on my report. I also paid this off with $2k.
                                      This is also a CO   GW letter

8) Wamu was 30 days late in 03/07.
                                       GW letter

Lastly I have an account with Sallie Mae for 17k which is student loan and have never missed a payment in 3 years on it. So I made those lump sum payments, but my credit score has not gone up! Barely... It has been in the mid 530 to 560 range. How can I get the score up? Also I was sending dispute letters to all 3 CRs for all things that have been paid and not updated on my report. They only provide PO box, so I cannot send it certified. Unless someone here has their addresses? Also to all other ones, I was sending GW letters, hoping they remove it

By filing a dispute on the COs  you have caused them to be updated. This keeps the baddies current in the eyes of FICO.

Just 1 CO being reported by an OC can keep your scores down by 30 - 60 points!

Always use the addys on your CR. PO BOXES   are good to send to!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 05-11-2008 09:28 PM
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the help HappyDays. I have not yet sent any dispute letters, so my CO's should not have been updated.

So if I do dispute them, they will update the CO which is bad?

Lastly, aside from sending GW letters, what else can I do to raise my score? I have 1 card with a balance and have been making payments on time. I have a second card, which I just started using.

I called Wamu to try GW over the phone. It went no where, another problem is since they are not American, they have no clue what I am talking about. Will keep trying phone and mail GWs for now. Need something else as well though to rebuild.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also of all the above listed, HSBC still shows a balance. I paid off LVNV which shows a balance of 0.

Should I dispute HSBC?

Also LVNV states Settled for less than full balance, factoring company account; Collateral:12 HSBC bank
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have an account with LVNV Funding...I have read...that after you pay them...dispute it...and they WILL NOT verify..therefore resulting in deletion...how long ago did you pay...this has worked for several people on the board...I plan on paying mine next month..then disputing after they report..PAID...and you should dispute the balance with HSBC..it should show a $0 balance...

Message Edited by slyhouse08 on 05-12-2008 09:25 AM
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid them maybe 4 months ago. They also are a bunch of aholes. I set up auto payment with them for $300 a month and then wanted to make a huge payment and pay it off. They would STILL call me to harass, even when I had auto payment setup. I paid $2k, paid it off and guess what... They NEVER return my calls or messages. I had a hard time getting them to send me a zero balance letter. I would not be susrpsied if they do not respond to a dispute. Thanks for the info!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That crazy..when I called to see what the settlement amount would be...they did say they would settle for 50%...$461 or something like that...but they said I had 30 days to pay...and thats it...no monthly payments...they are butt holes...but when I read they dont verify after payment...I agreed to pay..I never set up anything or paid anything yet...but I plan to...try to dispute and see what happens..keep me posted...
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem, if you are paying them, try to do a PFD. Make sure to get it in writing. I never did and now it is biting me in the arse with all these companies since I paid, but they won't delete. I will keep you guys posted on what happens.

Something to note, my Experian score is almost 100 points less than the other 2. I bet since they merged my credit report with my brothers. Don't know how... Smiley Mad
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already know they DO NOT PFD...they have told me that..and they have told a lot of others..but some say it's in their policy to not verify after payments...GOOD LUCK!!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.