Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me fix my currently poor credit

Crossgamerhd
New Visitor

Help me fix my currently poor credit

So I have currently bad credits 

From mid 500s on all credits.

I have a 10k revolving accounts spit between 7 accounts. Biggest account my chase card which is 5k and 6 late payments( sadly  they are What causing more damage) I have no collection but lot of charged off Smiley Sad

So I had some debt consolidation company helped me. 

My mistake was stopped paying the minimum payments. They told me to do so. I should have never listened. Because my credit was over 789. I would have just opened a loan and pay off the Chase. I didn't know any better. 

But anyway, what's left to be paid off is 1600 that will bring 4 accounts down to 0 minus the chase. So down to 5k resolving once all set and done.

I plan on paying that 1600 on December 10th and maybe see result on January or February.

I do now have two small personal loans trying to rebuild my history. I have self, money lion, I have a capital one card savior one which I use a lot and has 100 percent of history and well kept as well. It's my only real credit card left with only 500 limit. 

Right now I'm trying not to open any more credit because my history is pretty bad with only 4 months because of too much new accounts. 

So what advice you guys have for me? 

My late payments really make me sad. That high utilization is also a big blow. It's over 85 new accounts I opened didn't help lol 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
racole82
Established Member

Re: Help me fix my currently poor credit

So, your credit was 789 and dropped down to the mid 500’s after a financial setback? First you need to find out what your actual FICO score is. If you can pay off any debt you owe that’s currently bringing your credit down. You may find some luck in writing goodwill letters for the late payments. Other than that, just keep paying your bills on time. This will not be a quick process to get back to 789.

Started EXP: 535 Feb 21 Current EXP: 675 - EQ: 697 - TU: 681
Quicksilver C1: $1,950 CL
Quicksilver One C1: $1,250 CL
Savor One C1: $1,000 CL
Walmart Rewards C1: $750 CL
Secured N Rewards NF: $1,000 CL
Checking Line of Credit NF: $1,000 CL
Discover It: $4,000 CL
Cash Rewards NFCU: $6,100 CL
Shane Co. TD Bank : $2,500
Total CL: $19,554‬
Message 2 of 5
Crossgamerhd
New Visitor

well my  EEQ IS 514, TU 516 and EX 553

I want them to get to 600 so i can get a decent loan. 

writing a goodwill letter might be impossible if the accounts have been charged off and now in procress being settled with that debt relief right  company?  there's only 4 cards to be paid off and i plan on paying 3 of them by dec 10.  chase one is the 5k one which is still under negociation 

Message 3 of 5
FireMedic1
Super Contributor

@Crossgamerhd wrote:

So I have currently bad credits 

From mid 500s on all credits.

I have a 10k revolving accounts spit between 7 accounts. Biggest account my chase card which is 5k and 6 late payments( sadly  they are What causing more damage) I have no collection but lot of charged off Smiley Sad

So I had some debt consolidation company helped me. 

My mistake was stopped paying the minimum payments. They told me to do so. I should have never listened. Because my credit was over 789. I would have just opened a loan and pay off the Chase. I didn't know any better. 

But anyway, what's left to be paid off is 1600 that will bring 4 accounts down to 0 minus the chase. So down to 5k resolving once all set and done.

I plan on paying that 1600 on December 10th and maybe see result on January or February.

I do now have two small personal loans trying to rebuild my history. I have self, money lion, I have a capital one card savior one which I use a lot and has 100 percent of history and well kept as well. It's my only real credit card left with only 500 limit. 

Right now I'm trying not to open any more credit because my history is pretty bad with only 4 months because of too much new accounts. 

So what advice you guys have for me? 

My late payments really make me sad. That high utilization is also a big blow. It's over 85 new accounts I opened didn't help lol 

Fix the past first to build for the future. The CO's will hurt for a while. Pay all the debts off. Too bad you didnt come here first. And I hope thats a typo with 85 accounts. Smiley Happy

Homeowner since Sept 2020. My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag. Just sharing my experiences after BK from learning here from rebuild to recovery from the @ 540's.
Message 4 of 5
Crossgamerhd
New Visitor

Haha yeah

Mistake 85% of utilization which is 10k

But yeah this is definitely the biggest mistake of my life so far lol

4 out 5 will be paid off next month

I'm going to try and see if any of them will remove the late payments even if 3 out 6 get removed I'm sure it will help me a lot. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.