Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me understand DOLA/DOLP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help me understand DOLA/DOLP

Should this be off of my report now? Date of last payment Apr 2001 date of last activity 2001. So how can the DOLA be 8 months after the DOLP? This was sold to Midland and they did get a judgment on my, didn't know till I pull my CR after the fact. Which should come off in 2010

Credit Card Hsbc Bank
Status as of Dec, 2001
Date opened Mar, 2000
Date of last activity Dec, 2001
Date of last payment Apr, 2001
Date closed Not Reported
Account number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Loan type Credit Card, Terms REV
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mberry117
Regular Contributor

Re: Help me understand DOLA/DOLP

My math is saying that it should have been off this past summer going by Dec 2001.  But I am no expert.

Anyone????
Your Latest FICO® Scores
TransUnion 704 Date: 5/11/11
Equifax 666 Date: 5/11/11

Message 2 of 5
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

I also have accounts that are showing DOLA's after the DOLP.  For the DOLA, the definition of "activity" seems to include the date that the account was actually charged off and/or sold to a JDB.  I really wish this was not the case since I have a hard time finding the actual DOLP on my reports.  They typically list the DOLA, but not DOLP.  As far as I am concerned, the DOLA is a worthless date.  The way I understand, it is the DOLP that determines SOL, so that is the date that I REALLY want to know.

By the way, keep in mind that the CRTP is determined by DOFD--this is the date of the first delinquency from which you never caught up on.  So, if you your account was in good standing after you made your last payment in April 2001, you may not have had your first delinquency until May 2001.  Also, keep in mind that the reporting can continue for up to 7.5 years.

Message Edited by valley_man0505 on 09-19-2008 12:01 PM
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well this account is gone. Updated TC this morning and it was no longer there. So I guess it has run its limit.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the OC is reporting....look at it for the drop date. If the DOFD was in 2001 it will drop from your CR in 2008 (the month counts)

If a CA is also reporting it must drop the same time!

Any judgment stays on your CR 7 years from date filed
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.