Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed tying up loose ends

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help needed tying up loose ends

I have several accounts missing payment history that show up on my report. Last report on these is January 2007, June 2008, and one in January 2009 (though it closed October 2008). They're all listed as paid in full and closed, although there is no payment history for them. I'm sure I missed some payments while they were open. Should I dispute these and try to have all these removed since it has been longer than seven years? What would this do to my score?

Lastly, there is an entry on my report of $248 to Convergent. I don't believe it to be mine, but with it being so small, I am willing to pay if it gets taken off if I have to. I could request DV and go through that, but I would rather just be rid of it. Does anybody have any good contact information from them? Letters to the address on the web site/report have went unreturned.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help needed tying up loose ends

@Anonymous wrote:

I have several accounts missing payment history that show up on my report. Last report on these is January 2007, June 2008, and one in January 2009 (though it closed October 2008). They're all listed as paid in full and closed, although there is no payment history for them. I'm sure I missed some payments while they were open. Should I dispute these and try to have all these removed since it has been longer than seven years? What would this do to my score? Let them be. The lates have aged off and these are now positive accounts that will add to your AAoA until ten years from their closure.

Lastly, there is an entry on my report of $248 to Convergent. I don't believe it to be mine, but with it being so small, I am willing to pay if it gets taken off if I have to. I could request DV and go through that, but I would rather just be rid of it. Does anybody have any good contact information from them? Letters to the address on the web site/report have went unreturned. DV them and request the name of the OC and DoFD. Never pay anything you know is not yours. NEVER. You only encourage sloppy reporting by CA's when you do that. If its not yours get it excluded using ID Theft provision of FCRA 605B.

Thanks!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help needed tying up loose ends

I appreciate the advice and will follow it. I will try contacting Convergent with the information I already have. Given my history, I don't like my odds at finally getting an answer. Would anyone happen to know of a good way to reach them?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.