Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on credit score?

tag
nexace
New Contributor

Re: Help on credit score?

Ok, then you should print out your hard inquiries with mailing addresses for each and send the following letter to each of them. Do this at the same time as your PFDs to optimize the time you can do quick score increases. Again, don't apply for any new credit at this point. Try to get to the 650ish range and then start with shopping cart tricks, authorized user adds, and other soft-inquiry tactics to further optimize before applying for hard credit.

Name

Address

City/state/zip

Date                                                                                                 

ATTN:

Inquiry Company

Address

City / State / Zip

Re: Unauthorized Credit Inquiry

Dear Sir or Ma’am:

I recently received a copy of my <credit bureau(s)> credit report(s).  The credit report(s) showed a credit inquiry by your company on date that I did not authorize. I understand that you shouldn't be allowed to put inquiries on my file unless I have authorized them.  Please have these inquiries removed from my credit file because it is making it very difficult for me to acquire credit.

Please respond promptly to this request. Also, please be so kind as to forward me documentation that you have had the unauthorized inquiry removed. If you find that I am remiss, and you did have my authorization to inquire into my credit report, then please send me proof of this.

I have attached copies of my driver’s license and <other id> to assist you in verifying my identity.

Thanking you in advance,

Sincerely,

Signature

Name

Discover IT:21500 | Amex BCE:21900 | TJX:6000 | First Bankcard:10000 | Home Depot:8000 | Walmart:10000 | Citi Diamond Preferred:17600 | Citi Double Cash:7000 | USAA Limitless:24500 | Uber Visa:6000 | Wells Fargo Cash Wise:6000 | USAA Cashback Rewards Plus:15000 | Target Red Card:1500 | US Bank Cash+:10000 | Chase Slate:2000 | Amazon Visa:2000 | Chase Freedom:11000 | Citi Costco:10500
--------------------------------------------
FICO 8's: EX-835 / TU-837 / EQ-840
Message 11 of 15
Marybeth1233

Okay. So I should sent pfd's to my negative accounts with checks so they will be more eager to initiate my request. Than get all of my hard inquiries, find their mailing addresses and send them that above message? How do inquiries effect my score?
Message 12 of 15
Marybeth1233

Can I send less money to negotiate a settlement to the negative accounts?
Message 13 of 15
nexace
New Contributor

You can use the PFD letter format below to help with PFD offers. You can offer them anything you want. Whether they will accept a lower amount than the full amount for a deletion is another story, but they may. In my opinion, its best to offer the full amount because if they are going to immediately accept an offer, it will likely be the full amount.

But to reiterate, there are no limits to the deal you can offer them. But you have to think about it from their perspective. If you contact them and offer a PFD for 50% of the amount, they may call your bluff and demand payment in full without deletion, or worse, attempt to collect via lawsuit. And they now know that you are interested in paying, so they will have the negotiating advantage.

You have to decide for yourself if its worth it. This also reinforces the concept of making sure you convey you DO NOT accept responsibility for the debt, but simply wish to clear it up for convenience sake.

Dear Sir or Ma’am:

I have recently received a copy of my credit reports from the following credit bureaus: <list>. The reports showed trade lines by your company with the account #<acct> with the owed amount of <$>.

This is not my account and I do not accept responsibility for the charges in any way. However, this is NOT a direct dispute under FCRA, and in order to expedite the clearing of this issue for both of us, I would simply like to pay this account in full so that your trade line can be permanently deleted from my credit reports.

I have included a check for the full amount claimed as owed and agree to pay the amount with the condition that you permanently delete the trade line from Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion. Furthermore, if agreed to the above, please close out this account with your company and the original creditor if one exists as paid in full and completely closed.

If you do not agree to delete the trade line from all 3 credit bureaus, please disregard and destroy the check as I do not authorize any payments except as mentioned above.

For security, I have placed a randomized code on this letter of BZ1209Je!-superbowl. This same code appears in the memo line of the check to ensure that the check is lawfully connected to the obligations in this offer. I have delivered this letter and check to you via USPS Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested, a copy of which has been sent to my attorney and accountant.

I have enclosed copies of my government issued identification cards to assist you in verifying my identity and I can be reached at the following phone number/address: blah blah blah

Thank you for your kind attention and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Signature

Name

Discover IT:21500 | Amex BCE:21900 | TJX:6000 | First Bankcard:10000 | Home Depot:8000 | Walmart:10000 | Citi Diamond Preferred:17600 | Citi Double Cash:7000 | USAA Limitless:24500 | Uber Visa:6000 | Wells Fargo Cash Wise:6000 | USAA Cashback Rewards Plus:15000 | Target Red Card:1500 | US Bank Cash+:10000 | Chase Slate:2000 | Amazon Visa:2000 | Chase Freedom:11000 | Citi Costco:10500
Message 14 of 15
nexace
New Contributor

Cleaning up a credit report mess is a process that can take a good amount of time. If you are not already, you will definitely become comfortable with writing and mailing letters. And you might as well buy a box of envelopes, a reem of paper, and stamps. A decent scanner isn't a bad idea either.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.